Author Topic: No Crew Change Suggestion  (Read 2735 times)

adidanuleasa

No Crew Change Suggestion
« on: June 14, 2020, 08:43:26 pm »
Is it possible that after "deboarding" is selected, a new selection option pops up that asks if crew should deboard too? (and another one for boarding)?

Basically, what I am saying is that if you do multi-leg flights, deboarding and reboarding the crew every flight including (technically) yourself, the captain, kind of breaks a bit of immersion.

Not to minimize the work needed, but feels implementable with an if clause here and there in the flow of things?

Thank you,
Adrian

PS: loving the latest update in tandem with sode 1.7.1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Crew Change Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 10:55:37 pm »
This has been discussed many times: the crew/pilot not boarding/deboarding it's an option only available to airplane developers, and I think it has been used by FS Labs, Leonardo SH and Aerosoft already.

The reason for doing this is, many popular 3rd party airplanes already handles this internally, so a separate ( and potentially conflicting ) GSX option might be confusing so, with the right airplane, it's all seamless.

adidanuleasa

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 12:42:01 pm »
Well noted, thank you for the feedback.

It's the PMDG and Carenado ones for which I wanted to do this. Is there any way this can be achieved via local configs or would that be quite a hassle for me to attempt?

Adrian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 09:18:43 pm »
It's the PMDG and Carenado ones for which I wanted to do this. Is there any way this can be achieved via local configs or would that be quite a hassle for me to attempt?

Not easily, unless you are a developer that knows how to create a gauge or a module. In that case, all it's documented in the last pages of the GSX manual.