Author Topic: After install no buildings...  (Read 28489 times)

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
Re: After install no buildings...
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2008, 11:32:43 am »
Hi Andrè,

please read this post from Umberto: (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=298.0)

Fixed installer is up. Just download the stand-alone Addon Manager installer:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup_addonmanager.exe

The installer it's now able to detect which FS9 version you have (with CD check or not), and it will install the correct Addon Manager version.

Note, since the CD-protection-friendly version it's not compatible with the >2GB patch, if you already patched the CD protected FS9.EXE with the >2GB patch, it will not start. If you want to use the stock CD-protected FS9.EXE, the >2GB patch and our product (and Cloud9's), all together, you need to use a no cd FS9.EXE.

In the next hour or so, even the two Zurich installers for FS9 (Standard and CH-Pro) will be updated as well, with the same installation method.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 02:32:43 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2008, 02:31:08 pm »
As for the compatibility you could have write a more user friendly install routine with an adjusted BGLMAN file based on the FS9 exe file found

This is exactly what the installer that is online now does, it was updated just a couple of hours after the first one so, it's a non issue right now.

Strictly speaking, the whole issue has been only brought up since we listened to users asking to be compatible with the >2GB patched FS9.EXE.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 02:36:33 pm by virtuali »

virtualstuff

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2008, 02:55:34 am »
As for the compatibility you could have write a more user friendly install routine with an adjusted BGLMAN file based on the FS9 exe file found

This is exactly what the installer that is online now does, it was updated just a couple of hours after the first one so, it's a non issue right now.

Strictly speaking, the whole issue has been only brought up since we listened to users asking to be compatible with the >2GB patched FS9.EXE.

Thanks guys for the great support and I applaud you for listing to your customers
but there are some of us that aren't willing to use the patched version because they don't have OOM ;-)
Hope i didn't offended anyone just sharing my experience with the first installer and
maybe some ideas to improve for future fellow simmers....

Your next scenery is high my list to purchase due to the great quality
and trying to find solutions around SP2 for the ground stuff and last but not least the support...

Fraenky

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2008, 03:57:38 pm »
Hello,

first sorry for my bad English ;)

Ok now my Problem. I reinstalled FSX with all my Addons and had maked a new Install on a new Harddisc (same System, only FSX is going to a new Harddisc).
I installed FSX, SP1, SP2.
ZurichX I bought some weeks ago and worked fine on my old Installation.
But on the new Installation I have no chance to get the AddOnMenu in FSX. I read this Thread and a lot more in www (now 8 Hours lost only for ZurichX).

my dll.xml
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

0.32512 DLL Failed to load. Check for missing dependencies.
0.32518 DLL Load Failed:  Error=-3  Path="bglmanx.dll"

I reinstall FSX and install new, I reinstall all .net`s 1-3, I reinstall SimConnect and and and. FSMap (Aerosoft) use also SimConnect and I installed today this Tool and it will works fine. ZurichX no Chance.

Can you help me?

Greets Frank

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2008, 09:02:28 pm »
ZurichX I bought some weeks ago and worked fine on my old Installation.

That's more than enough proof that the product *works*. And if it didn't, you never had the chance to buy it in the first place...

FSMap (Aerosoft) use also SimConnect

That doesn't mean anything. Not every problem is because Simconnect doesn't work. In your case (see message below) it's a system file missing. If Simconnect didn't worked, you would't be able to launch it in diagnostic mode.

DLL Failed to load. Check for missing dependencies.

This is important: a system DLL in your Windows installation is missing. Unfortunately, Simconnect diagnostic doesn't tell exactly which one, so we can only guess.

First, to exclude a problem coming from our installer, be absolutely sure you are running the latest version of it.  There's no need to download the whole Zurich again (unless you still are using an older version like 1.2 or less), just download again the Stand-alone installer for FSX, that one is guaranteed to put all the DLL we need that do not come with a standard Windows installation.

If still doesn't work, it's 100% sure it's a Windows DLL that is missing.

It might be the Visual C++ 2005 SP1 runtimes missing or outdated. Our installer will automatically install those runtimes by launching the Microsoft redistributable installer at the end of the installation. If that installer failed or was interrupted for some reason, you'll have problems.

You can try separately downloading it from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en

And, as a precaution, try running the installer in Administrator mode.

Some other things you can try to fix your Windows installation, are installing IE7 (it's not clear from your message if you are running XP or Vista), and installing ALL hotfixes suggested by Windows Update. Some of these fixes might restore the missing files.

Fraenky

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2008, 01:32:31 pm »
Now (3 more hours later) I found nearly same Problem in a other Forum. I installed FSUIPC4 and the AddOn Manager will work fine :)

That's strange, because the Addon Manager doesn't use FSUIPC at all, doesn't require it and it shouldn't be affected by its presence/absence. But it might be that FSUIPC installer did some additional Windows fixing that helped the Addon Manager as well.

I think my deinstallation of FSX delete the importend Files and the new Installation dont`t copy this Files.

Unfortunately, the FSX uninstaller, especially the RTM release has still big issues: for example, I think that if you have FS9 and FSX on the same machine, and remove FSX RTM, you'll also lose the FS9 registry keys, confusing all FS9 installers as well.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 01:50:46 pm by virtuali »