Author Topic: Sode jetways not working at cyvr  (Read 10192 times)

Acer4881

Sode jetways not working at cyvr
« on: June 10, 2020, 01:09:45 am »
 Hi
I am having trouble getting SODE jetways  to work at CYVR..I have registered GSX and installed SODE v1.71..It used to work in FSX but now I have W10 and P3Dv4.5 .GSX services work but when I select SODE I get this message..no triggerable objects within 6mi/12km.
I have searched here for answers but none help...would appreciate some assistance  Thanks

Terry

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Sode jetways not working at cyvr
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 03:37:14 am »
You need to use the GSX menu to trigger the SODE jetways at FSDreamteam airports. Sounds like you were trying to use the SODE menu to do this.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 04:20:49 pm »
- GSX/Sode jetways can be used ONLY from the GSX menu ( either with "operate jetways" or by choosing Boarding/Deboarding )

- Regular SODE jetways can be used either from GSX menu or the SODE menu.

This means, it would be best if you just used GSX, regardless of the kind of SODE jetway an airport uses, so you don't have to remember which one is which.

And, using non-GSX SODE jetways from GSX has the additional advantage that GSX will send the GSX airplane configuration ( doors ) to SODE, which usually is more precise and more dedicated to a specific airplane compared to the default SODE airplane model database, which is more generic.

Acer4881

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 01:50:28 am »
Hi
Thanks for the reply..I went to gate 67 with a 777 and from  what I figured was the gsx menu was  -show you control menu  ( Control F12) and all the get is 3 lines to  1.close air canada enter  hanger door, 2.open  air canada north hanger  3.open london aviation hanger . if I go the GSX --Show GSX menu bypassing u control, I get nothing. If I am on taxiway I can go to some jetways either by follow me car which works or warp me ..when I get there. I  see nothing that  shows me or ask me  to operate a jetway, just get the aircanada thing again..I tired different gates.. same scenario..

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 02:44:31 am »
Just to confirm when you're at the gate, you have the parking brakes set?
Captain Kevin

Acer4881

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2020, 03:04:42 am »
Good question ,  I’m pretty sure I did but not positive because I just put it there to test after reading the answers, didn’t taxi into position. Im assuming it makes a difference ,as you are asking the question

Acer4881

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2020, 02:53:41 am »
Still don’t work.  Where do I look when their are no entries in the menu to operate jetway..re installing it didn’t help

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2020, 11:44:31 am »
When you're at the gate with the engines shut down and parking brakes set, what do you see. Screenshot would help.
Captain Kevin

Acer4881

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2020, 03:09:02 am »
Hi
There was some  false settings in the sim object Addon manager so I made them All true and did what you suggested with engines off and brakes on At gate 67 in 777 and it now works,  not sure which corrected it but am glad it now works .. thanks for your help

Terry