Author Topic: Custom Passenger Bus  (Read 6238 times)

apoorvpal

Custom Passenger Bus
« on: June 08, 2020, 04:03:09 pm »
Hey,

I was trying to add a custom Passenger Bus specifically for one airport. I created a new folder texture.globeground in the FSDT_PassengerBus folder and added the GSX_bus_01.dds and texture.cfg files and made some edits to the DDS. Here's what I added to the sim.cfg
Code: [Select]
[fltsim.7]
title=FSDT_PassengerBus_gg
model=
texture=globeground
couatl.icaoprefixes = VOBL
But when I load up the sim at VOBL, GSX still brings in one of the regular plain-coloured buses and not the custom one. How do I change that?

EDIT: I noticed some times the FSDT_neoplan_bus was spawning in its default colours so I added a new texture there as well, texture.gg with the edited FSDT_paxbus_body.dds and texture.cfg and added this to the sim.cfg file:
Code: [Select]
[fltsim.7]
title=FSDT_neoplan_bus_gg
model=
texture=gg
couatl.icaoprefixes=VOBL
But this still did not affect which bus loads at VOBL as I get the default solid colour buses even now. Based on the score system, shouldn't the custom 'gg' texture have a score of 4 at VOBL while the rest have zero? Need help. After further testing, I determined that the custom 'gg' operator also loads but only at random intervals. I guess the score/priority is not considered for passenger bus? Is there a way I can enable that or could that be a part fo a future update?

EDIT 2:
I did a test with the default texture.fsdt PassengerBus that should have priority at airports KLAX PHOG PHLI PHTO PHKO PHNL KDFW KFLL KLAS KJFK KORD LSGG LSZH, but I noticed that random buses spawned there as well and not only the fsdt one. The fsdt bus should have a score of 4 at all these airports while the other ones should have a score of 0. Shouldn't that decisively mean that the FSDT bus takes precedence and shows up always at these airports? Is the Passenger Bus not following the points system? If so, can you please make an option where this can be enabled, it would allow for amazing customisability at different airports.

Thanks for your help
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 08:52:19 pm by apoorvpal »
Apoorv Pal
Sim: Flight Simulator X: Gold Edition

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Custom Passenger Bus
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 01:53:07 pm »
We'll check this, it seems the bus scoring has an issue with FSX or older P3D version. It works fine with P3D 4.4+ and PBR vehicles.

apoorvpal

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 02:03:47 pm »
Great, thanks a lot Umberto. Had a very good experience with GSX till now. Looking forward to more customisation once this gets fixed  :)

Also: Is there a way to retain user customisations while updating similar to what the _USER folders used to do with earlier versions?
Apoorv Pal

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 03:10:28 pm »
Also: Is there a way to retain user customisations while updating similar to what the _USER folders used to do with earlier versions?

We don't support the _USER folder anymore, since 2017, when we announced stopping support for FSX, because the customization in P3D V4 is far better, easier to use and more flexible.

apoorvpal

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 05:01:24 pm »
Alright, will try to work around that. Thanks! And please drop an update here when the points system for the passenger bus for FSX is fixed :)
Apoorv Pal

apoorvpal

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 02:25:28 pm »
Any update on this?
Apoorv Pal

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2020, 09:13:53 pm »
Any update on this?

When we'll have an update, you'll be notified and you'll see it on the Live Update release notes.

apoorvpal

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2020, 08:36:08 am »
Has this issue been fixed? I couldn't find any updates on the update notes.
Apoorv Pal

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2020, 01:39:01 pm »
I couldn't find any updates on the update notes.

Which is why I said:

"When we'll have an update, you'll be notified and you'll see it on the Live Update release notes."

So, if you haven't seen it, it means it hasn't done yet.

apoorvpal

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2020, 08:15:06 am »
It's been over 2 months on a reported bug on a payware addon @virtuali . Also, I recently checked the same on P3Dv4, it has the same issue there as well. Seems more like a GSX code issue, not specific to a simulator.
Apoorv Pal

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2020, 08:17:17 am »
It's been over 2 months on a reported bug on a payware addon @virtuali . Also, I recently checked the same on P3Dv4, it has the same issue there as well. Seems more like a GSX code issue, not specific to a simulator.
Trust me, there are a lot of other issues that have been reported that need to be fixed and still haven't been for a while, so this certainly isn't the only issue.
Captain Kevin