Author Topic: XPOI 1.8 and P3D V5 - POI Names are one letter?  (Read 17725 times)

JDLinn

• Return to Misty Moorings
XPOI 1.8 and P3D V5 - POI Names are one letter?
« on: June 05, 2020, 07:29:37 pm »
When XPOI first comes up, all POI's have their full "names" in view. As you fly for about a minute or so, suddenly they become abbreviated to a single letter. I have taken out EVERYTHING XPOI, EVERYTHING Virtuali, Reinstalled from the new download page with the latest (1.8). Brought it all back up and the same problem occurs. I even re-purchased XPOI (again) to be sure I was getting the latest. Still no luck with the single-letter identifiers.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: XPOI 1.8 and P3D V5 - POI Names are one letter?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 12:01:38 pm »
We'll check this but please, don't "re-purchased" something if you think you have a problem with it. Always contact support first.

Also, don't post on the public form, when you have been already supported by email. You started this by email so, please, continue by email.

JDLinn

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 07:12:22 pm »
I wanted to be sure I had the "latest". I have downloaded the latest.  I have since:
1. Uninstalled FSDreamteam XPOI
2. Got rid of the XPOI.ini in Roaming
3. Deactivated the license for the 1.0 program ... using the OLD activation code for "1"
4. I then ran the setup_xpoi.exe
5. It installs fine
6. When I start P3D V5, it is listed under Addons and is checked
7. XPOI is also listed under Add-Ons (where you enable/disable it)
8. It starts off enabled ... but nothing now shows at all
9. Under products, I clicked on the xpoi and then clicked on the registration key
10. I put in the NEW code (manually as recommended with hyphens).
11. It says it is activating ... goes 0 to 100, then repeats and repeats and repeats.
12. When I get out of that, a window comes up asking me to activate my license or deactivate it.  I put in the NEW activation key, and it says it is invalid FOR "1" Product version, notice it is not mentioning the 1.8 version.

Now I cannot even get it to come up at all.  If you look back at our history, we had the same problem with the single letter showing when we were going to P3D V2.2.  The problem was P3D had flagged something wrong and you fixed it in the next installation. This looked similar, but now, of course, nothing works.  Thank you.

Doug

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 09:49:10 pm »
As I've said, don't post on the public form, when you have been already supported by email. You started this by email so, please, continue by email.

JDLinn

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2020, 12:43:18 am »
I came here because I didn't hear from you there. Sorry.

I'm trying to install the 2.2 version.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2020, 12:45:19 am »
I came here because I didn't hear from you there. Sorry.

You cannot expect an immediate reply, especially during weekends. And as I've said to you, both by email, and here, we are checking it so, please allow us some additional ( working ) days to have some time to look at it.

JDLinn

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2020, 04:28:10 pm »
No problem, Umberto. Why don't you delete this thread since it might confuse people.

Doug

geloxo

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2020, 11:04:56 am »
Hi,

I purchased this last week and I´m having exactly the same issue: distant markers are ok but as soon as you get close to them all text is put together in a single character. I tested it with P3D5 HF1 and HF2 but it´s still the same. In case there´s already a fix for this could you please let me know how to solve it? Thanks

Cheers
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 11:10:49 am by geloxo »

geloxo

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2020, 01:19:43 pm »
Hi,

Do you have any feedback about this please? It has been a month and I even got no reply at all to the post...  :-\

Cheers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2020, 11:00:05 pm »
Do you have any feedback about this please? It has been a month and I even got no reply at all to the post.

I'm sorry, but we have been so overwhelmed by other things ( updates for P3D V5, updates for GSX still in progress, work on the new MSFS ) that we couldn't find time to check this.

Wolkenschreck

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2021, 08:45:37 pm »
Any news on this?  :)
Christoph

JA

XPOI and P3D v5.3 - POI Names change/compress to one letter
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2022, 02:57:52 am »
Hi FSDT,
was wondering if you can help please. I bought XPOI this week and running it on P3D v.5.3. Great little utility but it suffers for a few bugs that you may be able to help with.

The names on the POI's seem to "shrink" or compress to one letter after a while. Actually it looks like they overlap each other on a stack so it looks like one letter. This has been reported previously but I apologize I have not been able to find any comment or solution for a while.

Has there been a fix for this please?

Regards,
Jim