Author Topic: afcad issues  (Read 4633 times)

jdenn4

afcad issues
« on: June 04, 2020, 08:19:20 am »
ok so I have a strange one,  I have used other KLAX_ap.bgl files  to update the afcads with the current lax parking facilities.  when I put them in  FSX crashes when loading klax.   when I revert to the original file it works fine. 

since the parking is not matching current lax parking (also T8 should be UALX)  I tried to update utilizing the parking spaces from Couatl airport manager... this didn't change anything either.

any idea when a new afcad may update from fsdt  or what may be the problem installing the klax_ap.bgl

cvonhaytersirls

Re: afcad issues
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 12:28:12 pm »
I can't speak for those updates to the afcad, but when you load up the afcad using ADE (assuming), hover over the runways and see if they are showing 128 under the surface category.  If they are, just double click on the runway and change the surface to asphalt or whatever.  In some instances, when I had this problem, I noticed that after double clicking on the runway and the little dialogue box opened to change it, it corrected itself and reflected the correct surface type on its own.  Not sure why that was happening or why it reflects that.  After doing that, double check by hovering over the runway with your cursor and see if the surface shows the correct surface type, not the 128 again.  That's what I found to be the issue and what was causing my fsx to crash.  Not saying this is your problem, but I read some other things on other forums relating to the fsdt lax afcad file which helped me.

Hope that helps!  Give me an update if it works.

jdenn4

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 10:07:15 pm »
SO IT GETS STRANGER,

I can open the default klax_ap.bgl with ADE but it I try and safe the file,  or if I compile the file,  it does not actually save,  I allow it to overwrite the klax_ap.bgl file and it doesn't do it.  if I compile and try to save it for example as klax_ap_rd.bgl it does not save it. 

It only happens with FSDT klax,  I have fsdt klas and I modified that fine.

additionally the klax replacement afcads for FSDT if I tried to open with ADE they say unable to decompile. 

so im in two boats here,  the updated afcads I find which update terminals 2,3,5,and 6 wont open in ade and crash my sim when I try and load,   i can load FSDT's klax_ap.bgl   but when i compile it doesn't save the changes.   its the only fsdt airport i have these issues

any ideas... btw its fsx not p3d

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 10:28:22 am »
Sorry but, the AFACD we supply with KLAX works just fine, and we cannot support you with modification, since this is not really the place to teach about how ADE works or the .BGL file format in general.

As already discussed in another post, we'll release an AFCAD with updated parking spots soon.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2020, 06:57:04 pm »
 Compile to a temp folder or anywhere else but the actual scenery folder and then just move it once completed to where it needs to go.

cvonhaytersirls

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2020, 07:46:34 pm »
SO IT GETS STRANGER,

I can open the default klax_ap.bgl with ADE but it I try and safe the file,  or if I compile the file,  it does not actually save,  I allow it to overwrite the klax_ap.bgl file and it doesn't do it.  if I compile and try to save it for example as klax_ap_rd.bgl it does not save it.  

It only happens with FSDT klax,  I have fsdt klas and I modified that fine.

additionally the klax replacement afcads for FSDT if I tried to open with ADE they say unable to decompile.  

so im in two boats here,  the updated afcads I find which update terminals 2,3,5,and 6 wont open in ade and crash my sim when I try and load,   i can load FSDT's klax_ap.bgl   but when i compile it doesn't save the changes.   its the only fsdt airport i have these issues

any ideas... btw its fsx not p3d

Try the suggestion I replied with above.  That fixed my issues with compiling, saving, and the FSX crash.  It worked for me.  I've since then just moved over to p3d though.  What I suggested fixed all those issues in FSX.  For some reason, the default file that comes with FSDT scenery reads the runway surface as 128 when you hover your cursor over the runway. Double click on the runway and Change the surface to asphalt for all the runways.  In some cases, the surface automatically changed after I double clicked and got the dialogue box.  That should fix the compiling and saving issue in ade, and will allow you to run FSX without it crashing.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 07:50:57 pm by cvonhaytersirls »

sergiorivera94

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2020, 03:32:52 am »
Sorry but, the AFACD we supply with KLAX works just fine, and we cannot support you with modification, since this is not really the place to teach about how ADE works or the .BGL file format in general.

As already discussed in another post, we'll release an AFCAD with updated parking spots soon.

How soon this updated AFAD will be released?

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2020, 07:26:07 am »
  For some reason, the default file that comes with FSDT scenery reads the runway surface as 128 when you hover your cursor over the runway. Double click on the runway and Change the surface to asphalt for all the runways.  In some cases, the surface automatically changed after I double clicked and got the dialogue box.  That should fix the compiling and saving issue in ade, and will allow you to run FSX without it crashing.

Very hard to understand most of that, but you say ADE reads the runway surface as 128. 128 what? Just leave them as Concrete. I've compiled FSDT LAX with ADE hundreds of times from FSX through every version of P3d and it's never been an issue.