Author Topic: KLAX Changing parking assignments causes the scenery to display incorrectly  (Read 3365 times)

cvonhaytersirls

Good morning.  I have been looking for an afcad file that shows the correct parking assignments for the airlines.  Mainly the big switch for Delta from terminal 5, to now terminal 2 and 3 at LAX,  I came on here to read if there were any new files that would correct the gate assignments.  After not finding what I needed but it not showing properly in fsxse, I decided to change the gate assignments myself using the latest version of Airport Design Editor! 

Initially, after first opening, and changing the gate assignments of the afcad file that was provided with your product, I tried to save and compile the airport, however ADE would never compile it, or save it.  I came on to the forum to find out if I was doing something wrong.  Upon searching even more on the ADE website to see if there was something wrong with the way it reads the FSDT KLAX afcad file, I noticed that when hovering over each runway with my cursor, they were each reading "128" under the surface category.  Upon double clicking of the runway itself, and the window popping up, I noticed that some of the runways now showed the correct surface type automatically when the little window to edit popped up on the screen.  After closing the small window for the runway edit, I hovered over the runways areas again, and they now showed the correct surface type.  I then tried to compile the AFCAD, and It now would compile successfully.  However, I loaded the scenery in FSX:SE, and now the default scenery was showing and overlapping the FSDT scenery. 

I came back to this forum to find information regarding why that was happening.  It was said that there was something in my files showing another KLAX somewhere in a scenery folder, and that I should remove it.  That didn't make much sense to me, because the scenery works for me every time I use the provided AFCAD without changing the gate assignments.  It was also said on here that someone deleted a scenery file somehow.  I definitely didn't purposefully delete anything outside simply updating the original afcad file, and I didn't change gate numbers, or move any gate from the default location FSDT placed in their original afcad file.  All I did was change gate assignments.

So I opened up the original fsdt afcad again using ADE, and this time I left everything almost exactly the same!  I didn't change any gate assignment.  I still had to change the runway surfaces from "128" to asphalt, (the same as before to get ADE to compile or even save the afcad), but outside of that, I left the afcad file exactly the same.  I now reloaded up KLAX in fsxse, and noticed that the default scenery would show again, and the ground poly was still showing the incorrect taxi and gates for the FSDT Scenery, meaning the ai aircraft were still all over the airfield, some purged into the building and terminals, airplanes taxiing through grass, etc.

I just bought the computer and installed fsxse onto my device as I haven't really played in a while.  Everything in my scenery file is what came with my fsx install.  I dont have any purchased traffic files such as my my ultimate traffic or anything, as all of my files were the self installed AI traffic files using AIGAIM.  These work just fine when using the default FSDT afcad file. 

Again, the scenery works great when I use the GSX update tool, and it returns it back to the original afcad file, however everytime I install the AFCAD I found on this forum, or update the original fsdt afcad file myself, that's when my scenery problems happen.  Ive tried testing this theory about 5 different times to see if the problem would persist, after returning the scenery back to the orignal fsdt provided afcad, and it does.  There's no other KLAX scenery file that is overwriting it, as it works fine with the scenery you provide. 

Honestly, I just want an updated afcad file to show the correct parking assignments for the terminal areas.  Please help!!!  Any suggestion?  What am I doing wrong.

P.S.  I tried this same process with other FSDT products and they all seem to work just fine, (KDFW has the same issue as above only when I change one or two gates in the E concourse, somehow it always shows the default scenery when doing that, so I don't mess with E gates).  But every other scenery that I have of yours works fine.  I have KJFK, KORD, KDFW, and KLAX.  Great products, I just want updated gate info.  That's all.  Thanks for listening!  I hope this was specific enough.

cvonhaytersirls

Here is the original FSDT afcad file in use.  Works fine!  No problems. Smooth and all.

cvonhaytersirls

This is the file when I open up the original AFCAD with ADE.  Just a quick reminder, if I don't change the surface to the correct surface ade won't Compile it, and (I forgot to mention)  Someone posted and updated afcad file on the forum, however, FSX won't even load.  MY FSX will close itself out before loading the scenery.  When opening up that afcad file, it shows the updated gates that were changed, but the same problem with the runways.  When switching back to the unedited original FSDT afcad, it loads fine.  The updated afcad I found on here will crash my program and when I self update the original afcad file, the default scenery overlaps.

Thanks for listening and for your help and support!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I'm sorry but, teaching how to use ADE or create airports is really outside of the scope of this forum. Please make a list of all the changes you'll like to see in the AFCAD, possibly with some comments about their motivation, and we'll try to integrate in our official AFCAD.

cvonhaytersirls

I'm sorry but, teaching how to use ADE or create airports is really outside of the scope of this forum. Please make a list of all the changes you'll like to see in the AFCAD, possibly with some comments about their motivation, and we'll try to integrate in our official AFCAD.

Hey, thanks for the speedy response.

I've tried editing other fsdt airports, and they work fine after, but IDK why I can't get this to not display default fsx scenery after editing the afcad.

Mainly just needs the gates to be reflected as such:

Terminal 1=Southwest all gates

Terminal 2=Aer Lingus, Aeromexico, Delta, Delta regional partners (DALX), West Jet, Virgin Atlantic

Terminal 3=Delta, Delta Regional Partners (DALX)

Terminal 4=American and regional partners (AALX, EGF)

Terminal 5=Air Canada, Allegiant Air, American Airlines and regional partners (AALX, EGF), Frontier, Hawaiian Air, JetBlue, Spirit, Sun Country

Terminal 6=Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, Mokulele Airlines, Viva Aerobus

Terminal 7=United airlines and regional partners (UALX)

Terminal 8=United Airlines and regional partners (UALX)

Regional=American eagle (EGF, AALX)

TOM BRADLEY=Aeroflot, Air China, Air France, Air New Zealand, Air Tahiti Nui, Air Italy, Alitalia, All Nippon Airways, Asiana Airlines, Austrian, Avianca, British Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways, China Airlines, China Eastern
China Southern, Copa, EVA Airlines, El Al Israel Airlines, Emirates Airlines, Etihad, Fiji Airways, Finnair, Hainan Airlines, Iberia Airlines, Interjet, Japan Airlines, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Korean Airlines, LAN (Chile), LAN (Peru)
LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, Norwegian Air, Philippine Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airlines, Saudia, Scandinavian Airlines, Singapore, Volaris, Xiamen

These are the gate assignments per the LA World airports website.

Thanks again for the response.