Author Topic: GPU in GSX  (Read 3884 times)

Faustino24

GPU in GSX
« on: May 28, 2020, 03:55:07 am »
Good evening,

It's possible ask for GPU in fsx?

If it's possible how in can do'it?

Best Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GPU in GSX
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 11:47:37 am »
GSX Level 2 already has a Power Unit, that is even able to charge the airplane battery or act as an external power for supported airplanes ( Aerosoft and FS Labs both supports it ), but it's available only if the airport has GSX Level 2 jetways.

A ground power unit is surely planned to be added in future versions.

Faustino24

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 03:54:59 pm »
How I know if airport as jetway level 2?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 05:21:45 pm »
Default airports had all their jetways automatically replaced by GSX L2 jetways. Most of the latest FSDT airports use GSX L2 jetways.

For 3rd party airports that comes with standard CTRL+J jetways, you can replace them as explained at Page 61 of the GSX manual, and on these tutorials:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18372.msg127769.html#msg127769

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19171.0.html

If you want to KNOW if a gate has a GSX L2 jetway, you can see how's referenced in the GSX parking customization page, it can be one of these:

- A "BGL Jetway", which is a CTRL+J jetway of a 3rd party scenery that CAN be replaced as explained above.

- An "XML Jetway", which is a SODE jetway of a 3rd party scenery that cannot replaced by default, unless you manually remove its own XML file from the SODE folders.

- An "Jetway", which is a GSX Level 2 Jetway, which can be fully configured in type and accessories, like a GPU.

Destroy

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2021, 07:21:22 pm »
The manual states very little, how does one get a GPU to show up? Where in the menu? What commands? What are ALL the requirements that need to be met?

Also, is it possible to get a GPU to show up NOT at a GSX L2 jetways? i.e. plane parked in the middle of nowwhere

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2021, 11:03:56 am »
The manual states very little, how does one get a GPU to show up? Where in the menu? What commands? What are ALL the requirements that need to be met?

It's not clear if you mean a Jetway power unit, or a mobile GPU vehicle, which has been added fairly recently. Adding a Jetway power is extremely easy, just select it to be present in the Jetway tab of the GSX parking customization page. Not ALL jetway models allows for a GPU ( some of them are too small ), but most of them do.

Also, is it possible to get a GPU to show up NOT at a GSX L2 jetways? i.e. plane parked in the middle of nowwhere

Only a mobile GPU vehicle, which is not something you need to customize, just a service you call if needed.

Destroy

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2021, 11:14:41 pm »
I mean the mobile GPU vehicle.

Exactly where/what/how etc does one get this GPU to show up? I do not see any menu for it anywhere. Please layout conditions that need to be met.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2021, 11:40:28 am »
Exactly where/what/how etc does one get this GPU to show up? I do not see any menu for it anywhere. Please layout conditions that need to be met.

I see you use FSX, the main requirement is that you must have P3D 4.4 or above.

We announced top have stopped new development for FSX in 2017 so, as of today, everything related to FSX is running on life support, meaning we only do bugfixes and maintain OS compatibility, but no new features.

Destroy

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2021, 11:47:03 pm »
I see you use FSX, the main requirement is that you must have P3D 4.4 or above.

We announced to have stopped new development for FSX in 2017 so, as of today, everything related to FSX is running on life support, meaning we only do bugfixes and maintain OS compatibility, but no new features.

Ah, tis a shame, but thank you for clarifying.

I suspected this was the case but frankly could not easily find information stating such.

I look forward to GSX in FS2020 in about 3 years when it becomes as worthy as FSX or P3D.