Author Topic: CYVR cant continue the install  (Read 5872 times)

Pearskin

CYVR cant continue the install
« on: May 24, 2020, 06:53:30 pm »
Hello FSDT … I cant reinstall the latest download of CYVR Vancouver due to the following install error: "file d3dx9_34.dll cannot be found".  installation could not be aborted. I had to use TASK MANAGER to terminate. Help Please.

Pearskin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CYVR cant continue the install
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 01:44:54 pm »
As already discussed and answered here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23351.msg156181.html#msg156181

It seems your DirectX runtimes are outdated.

Pearskin

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 05:02:01 pm »
I regret that I do not understand how to fix this problem. I have checked my system and windows 10 is completely up to date.  My directX 12 diagnostic show no errors. I don't know what you mean by "It seems your DirectX runtimes are outdated.". My simulator has almost become an unbearable High-maintenance application where I spend more time trying to fix it than running and enjoying it. I spend 95% of my time reinstalling, updating and fixing it and 5% playing with it. When prepar3d updated to version 5 I lost half of my investment with my ORBX scenery because many of the ORBX airports would not load into P3Dv5. I'm not sure why I have to fix DirectX 12 in order to install your airport. My frustration level is extremely high at the moment. All I wanted to do was to re-install CYVR Vancouver. I am almost ready to throw in the towel.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 06:06:44 pm »
The DirectX runtimes are not being automatically updated with normal Windows 10 updates so yes, if you see that error, it means your DirectX runtimes ARE really outdated. If they weren't, you wouldn't see that message, of course...

You can download those from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Download/details.aspx?id=35

I'm not sure why I have to fix DirectX 12 in order to install your airport.

DirectX 12 is not the problem here. What you need to fix, which is apparently outdated in your system, is the support for DX9/10/11, which is required by thousands of other apps that use DX9 ( FSX, for example...), so you want to keep it updated for so many more reasons that "just" our airport.

But if you really want to know, the installer needs support for the latest DX9, because it uses a standard library that use DX9 to create .DDS textures on the fly, depending on the resolution you choose in the CYVR installer, and it does it this way to preserve quality, since it re-create textures from their original sources, instead of just "resizing" them, which would result in a loss of quality because of the double lossy compression involved.

Pearskin

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 09:22:49 pm »
I ran the program in the link you gave me and unfortunately it aborts without completing with an undefined system error. I inspected my "windows>system32" file and the last DLL file installed was D3Dx9_33.dll if it wasn't already installed. This is a hard one to fix. CYVR Vancouver is the only airport I have purchased from FSDT that wont install, all the other ones will.  My system is a completely new rebuild 18363. I don't know how to proceed. I'm sorry to be a burden you but I don't think i am smart enough to fix this one.

Pearskin

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 05:12:43 am »
Hello FSDT … I don't know how it happened but I was able to install CYVR Vancouver this evening after trying the install again. I have not made any changes to my windows 10 but when I checked my system32 file I noticed that the missing d3dx9_?? files where now there!!! I'm sure someone else has control of my system!!!. Anyway I am just reporting that as far as I know all is well again Finally. Sorry for my tirade but this simulator can drive (fly) one to drink.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2020, 04:36:46 pm »
I have not made any changes to my windows 10 but when I checked my system32 file I noticed that the missing d3dx9_?? files where now there!!! I'm sure someone else has control of my system!!!. Anyway I am just reporting that as far as I know all is well again Finally. Sorry for my tirade but this simulator can drive (fly) one to drink.

Don't worry, nobody has hacked your system. When an installer needs to update or replace a file in the system folder, it might not allowed to do immediately, so it will SCHEDULE the update to happen ON THE NEXT RESTART, while Windows is loading.

So, you likely restarted, and the part of the DirectX installer which was scheduled to run on the next start, completed its job and installed the missing file.