Author Topic: Customizing Jetways in FSX  (Read 2904 times)

ctruong1803

Customizing Jetways in FSX
« on: May 21, 2020, 12:14:45 pm »
Hi ,

I am trying to customize jetway.
Attach is the stock-standard Jetway from ORBX Global Airport Pack.
It has only one tunnel jetway system, which can only operate either L1 or L2, but not both.

If i want to introduce two tunnel jetway system where it will operate L1 and L2 doors, do I need to 'Exclude' gate and parking?
From this exclusion, can I then add two tunnel jetway system?

Regards,

Chris.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Customizing Jetways in FSX
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 09:56:41 pm »
I'm not sure what you are asking.

It seems you already managed to exclude the jetway of that scenery, since what I see in your screenshot are GSX Level 2 jetways and there are no other jetways so, most of the work is done, and you only need to add a 2nd GSX jetway when needed.

ctruong1803

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 12:36:12 am »

It seems you already managed to exclude the jetway of that scenery, since what I see in your screenshot are GSX Level 2 jetways and there are no other jetways so, most of the work is done, and you only need to add a 2nd GSX jetway when needed.

Hi ,

If I add the second GSX Jetway, I can only operate one jetway, L1 or L2, but not L1 and L2 at the same time.

Cheers,
Chris.

pete_auau

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 05:08:42 am »

Hi ,

If I add the second GSX Jetway, I can only operate one jetway, L1 or L2, but not L1 and L2 at the same time.

Cheers,

if you added  another  jetway  the  first  one  will  go to  door  1  whilst the other  will  go  to  door  2 of what ever  aircraft  you  have  made it  for
Chris.

ctruong1803

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 02:03:53 pm »

if you added  another  jetway  the  first  one  will  go to  door  1  whilst the other  will  go  to  door  2 of what ever  aircraft  you  have  made it  for

Hi ,

I have managed to properly excluded the jet-ways and also added dual jetways and got both of them to work.
It was tedious work to set-up the stop and parking position.
In addition, in FSX, when you select 'Operate Jetways', you have to tell it to operate Jetway 1 to L1, Jetway 2 to L2 (or whatever combinations).
The Jetways do not automatically extends to L1 and L2, as I have seen in the tutorial video by the FS Dream Team.
Probably the difference is that the FS Dream Team was using P3D.

Thanks for all the tips, Pete.

Regards,
Chris.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 01:48:13 pm »
I have managed to properly excluded the jet-ways and also added dual jetways and got both of them to work

Of course they work, once you learn how to use it...

In addition, in FSX, when you select 'Operate Jetways', you have to tell it to operate Jetway 1 to L1, Jetway 2 to L2 (or whatever combinations). The Jetways do not automatically extends to L1 and L2, as I have seen in the tutorial video by the FS Dream Team. Probably the difference is that the FS Dream Team was using P3D.

FSX vs P3D is not the issue here. What you are reporting is entirely normal because, the menu to operate jetways can appear or not depending on the situation.

- If you choose operate jetways, you will always see the menu

- If you choose "Deboarding" or "Boarding", you will see the menu depending if you have  GSX Automatic servicing option enabled.