Author Topic: Add on XML's for Fsdreamteam Scenery  (Read 2268 times)

RAY VLASEK

Add on XML's for Fsdreamteam Scenery
« on: May 23, 2020, 12:47:15 am »
I have 16 add on xml files to load into P3D v5 on startup of sim program, taking minutes to startup.   When I disable those add on xml,  sim starts much quicker,   is there any to combine xml's or alternate way to load scenery whereby when I initially start sim if would not take as long.   This only happens with P3D v5,   V4 is fine,  startup time is quick,  the sceneries are working great,  must be something with V5 to cause long delay when starting sim.   thx.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Add on XML's for Fsdreamteam Scenery
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 01:21:55 pm »
Combining .xml files will not make any difference, because what is likely slowing down the sim is not the number of xml files, but the path the add to the sim to search the add-on files so, if the sim is slower to load because it have, let's say, 30 new paths to search file into in 15 xml files, it's unlikely it will load any faster if it had the same 30 paths in a single .xml file.

Not that I tried, but I think this is what it happening.

No, there's no way to load sceneries in any other way, if we add a path, it's because we need it and, in fact, our way of adding paths is already very efficient because, for example, all our sceneries that require Simobjects will take them from only two paths ( Misc or PBR ), regardless how many sceneries you have. All our sceneries share a single path for Scripts, and all our product share a single path for the software modules so, it's difficult to be any more efficient than that.

RAY VLASEK

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 07:26:00 pm »
OK,  thanks for reply and info,  possibly P3D V5 will issue patch to facilitate add-on xml 's to load quicker,
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 03:32:57 am by rvlasek »

RAY VLASEK

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 02:30:25 pm »
LM Prepar3D v5.0 Hotfix 2 (5.0.31.35253),  solved problem,  Loading scenery much quicker....all good