Author Topic: GSX L2 both jetways docked to aircraft at same door  (Read 1643 times)

FredT

GSX L2 both jetways docked to aircraft at same door
« on: May 17, 2020, 07:16:17 am »
Hi,

System:
- Prepar3D 4.5 HF2
- PMDG 737-800NG
- Imaginesim WSSS v2.3.1 (latest), SODE Jetway option turned on
- GSX L2 latest patch
- SODE 1.6.8

From fresh start at the gate,

a. When I select 'Request boarding', both Jetways 1 and 2 connects to the L Entry FWD door.  Please see attached photo.

b. If I select 'Operate Jetway' and select Jetway 1, Jetway 1 animates and dock to the L Entry FWD door.  After which, I select 'Request Boarding', GSX undocks Jetway 1 and docks Jetway 2.

Previously before the latest updates, I have to 'Operate Jetway' before I can 'Request Boarding'.  And the boarding of the passengers starts without further jetway movement.  This works very well.  Now, after the latest GSX updates, point b. above happens.

GSX using internal aircraft config.

Appreciate any help to fix the problem.

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX L2 both jetways docked to aircraft at same door
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 02:39:06 pm »
Previously before the latest updates, I have to 'Operate Jetway' before I can 'Request Boarding'.  And the boarding of the passengers starts without further jetway movement.  This works very well.  Now, after the latest GSX updates, point b. above happens.

Are you using the Automatic servicing option in GSX ? If yes, it's entirely normal that GSX would move jetways automatically when selecting Boarding and that's nothing that has anything to do with the last update, it's just because you enabled that option.

In our sceneries, we try to setup jetways in a way the wouldn't be more than one jetway working on more than one door, precisely because this would cause those problems when the automatic servicing option is used, but for 3rd party sceneries, it's best not to use the automatic servicing option.

FredT

Re: GSX L2 both jetways docked to aircraft at same door
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 11:38:49 am »

Are you using the Automatic servicing option in GSX ? If yes, it's entirely normal that GSX would move jetways automatically when selecting Boarding and that's nothing that has anything to do with the last update, it's just because you enabled that option.

In our sceneries, we try to setup jetways in a way the wouldn't be more than one jetway working on more than one door, precisely because this would cause those problems when the automatic servicing option is used, but for 3rd party sceneries, it's best not to use the automatic servicing option.

Hi,

Thank you very much for the advice.  I have disabled the Automatic Service Option in GSX and the jetways are working fine.  I'm ok with manually activating each service for the B737.

As for the B777, as it has 2 separate entry/exits for the Jetways, the Automatic Service Option works wonderfully.

Thank you for your support.