Author Topic: How to disable crew boarding?  (Read 4904 times)

0Artur0

How to disable crew boarding?
« on: May 11, 2020, 07:13:43 pm »
How to disable crew boarding? When using FS2Crew or doing multiple legs this is really unrealistic and unnecessary. I'd like only passengers boarding.

0Artur0

Re: How to disable crew boarding?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 11:04:44 am »
I found a topic with the same question. Apparently it's up to developers to implement this.
Why in the world is this the case???
For what reason would devs disable crew boarding... ever? I have no idea. I think this is very situational and it's up to the user to decide if their usage scenario needs crew boarding or not. Well, the topic was quite old so maybe this was already implemented and I just can't find the option. Is this the case?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 11:09:10 am »
It's up to the developers, because several airplane developers ASKED US to do it that way, since they already had some kind of turnaround handling on their own products, so they wanted to integrate with it, and didn't want the choice left to users, who might be confused by two things potentially saying different things.

0Artur0

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 11:50:27 am »
It's up to the developers, because several airplane developers ASKED US to do it that way, since they already had some kind of turnaround handling on their own products, so they wanted to integrate with it, and didn't want the choice left to users, who might be confused by two things potentially saying different things.

Why not give the same option to the user also? Everybody who uses FS2Crew for example probably has the same issue since the cockpit preparation starts way before the passengers start boarding. How about giving an option to set a delay for boarding passengers, so the crew arrives but the passengers start arriving like 15 minutes after that if giving the user an option to turn it off is not possible (I assume it's not or why wouldn't you give that option to the user otherwise)?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 12:01:39 pm »
Why not give the same option to the user also?

Precisely for the reason to prevent users doing something in conflict with what the airplane might doing already.

Everybody who uses FS2Crew for example probably has the same issue since the cockpit preparation starts way before the passengers start boarding.

Then everybody who use FS2Crew can surely ask the developer to use the features fully documented at Page 66 of the GSX manual, so they can control whether the pilot and the crew are boarding, just like any other developer that did that, like FS Labs, Aerosoft, and Leonardo SH.

More so, considering they DO support this planes specifically. In fact, I think if you use these planes with FS2Crew, the feature should already work, controlled from the airplane own code.

0Artur0

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 12:23:59 pm »
Let me get this straight. Because 3 airplane devs implemented this in their product now nobody else can't use it because it may confuse people?
I don't know how exactly this works but FS2Crew is not an airplane. If I understand this, airplane devs have to implement this but not all people who use those airplanes also use FS2Crew so wouldn't this be even more confusing to people who don't use FS2Crew? Wouldn't it be much easier and less confusing if there would be a simple option for the user to turn it off if needed, otherwise it would stay exactly the same as it is now? That way absolutely nobody would be confused, devs would have this option and also the users but only if there's a need for it, like in my case.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 12:30:46 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2020, 12:39:36 pm »
Let me get this straight. Because 3 airplane devs implemented this in their product now nobody else can't use it because it may confuse people?

Yes, with the difference I'm referring to 3 airplane devs with multiple products ( ALL Aerosoft airbus line, ALL FS Labs airbus line, and at least two MD variations for Leonardo ) so, I'm talking about MANY products. You, instead, are reporting of a problem with ONE product, FS2Crew.

I don't know how exactly this works but FS2Crew is not an airplane.

Doesn't mean anything, I'm sure it can set L: variables just fine.

If I understand this, airplane devs have to implement this but not all people who use those airplanes also use FS2Crew so wouldn't this be even more confusing to people who don't use FS2Crew?

I don't see a problem, if the airplane has the option to control GSX pilots and crew, and FS2Crew supports it, surely FS2Crew should be aware of it, so it won't have to do anything on its side.

If the airplane you use with FS2Crew doesn't have the option in GSX, if the reason for wanting to NOT board pilot/crew is because of possible issues with FS2Crew, which is what you said, then FS2Crew could just add it, precisely for the reason to facilitate the use with FS2Crew.

Because, with your reasoning, you are forcing all users, even those that don't have FS2Crew, to be presented with another option they would have to take care of, which might not even be an issue for them.

0Artur0

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2020, 12:47:20 pm »
FS2Crew can be used with MANY products, so it's not fair to say it's one product. Actually, it's a different product for every airplane.
I will ask FS2Crew dev if it's possible to implement this from their side.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2020, 12:58:32 pm »
FS2Crew can be used with MANY products, so it's not fair to say it's one product. Actually, it's a different product for every airplane.

And that's precisely why ( as a separate *paid* product for each airplane ) it might even be better to do it like that, considering how close it works with the supported airplane, so it could integrate ( or not ) with the airplane own code, as required.

In fact, it might be even an additional selling feature: adding better GSX integration, even for those airplanes which are not fully integrated with GSX as the ones I mentioned...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 01:00:08 pm by virtuali »

0Artur0

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2020, 01:52:15 pm »
FS2Crew developer says they have no interest in GSX since they have their own program that does similar things.
I guess the user who gave money to both of you is going to draw the shortest straw here. Sad.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2020, 02:51:40 pm »
I read the thread, and of course I replied indicating exactly what needs to be done to control GSX and prevent Pilots and Crew from boarding, according to FS2Crew own needs.

If it was controlled from FS2Crew, it would far more convenient and easier to use for FS2Crew users, because if it was a separate menu/question or an option in GSX, you would have to turn it on or off depending if you use FS2Crew or not for that particular flight, and depending if the airplane you use already set GSX for that.

Instead, if it was done from FS2Crew, it would be entirely automatic, and would always work regardless of any different timings involved and those without FS2Crew, wouldn't have another extra GSX option to deal with.

0Artur0

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2020, 02:54:20 pm »
I read the thread, and of course I replied indicating exactly what needs to be done to control GSX and prevent Pilots and Crew from boarding, according to FS2Crew own needs.

If it was controlled from FS2Crew, it would far more convenient and easier to use for FS2Crew users, because if it was a separate menu/question or an option in GSX, you would have to turn it on or off depending if you use FS2Crew or not for that particular flight, and depending if the airplane you use already set GSX for that.

Instead, if it was done from FS2Crew, it would be entirely automatic, and would always work regardless of any different timings involved and those without FS2Crew, wouldn't have another extra GSX option to deal with.

Yes, I understand now. Thank you for reaching out!