Author Topic: New gripe  (Read 9347 times)

drakar5

New gripe
« on: November 23, 2009, 05:25:35 am »
After a long fanciful trek getting my Ohare and JFK Airports working, the culprit being the lack of couatl be loaded, a new problem has arose, it doesn't load everytime! I used the sim, exited and when I re-started FSX the addon menu entry for couatl-powered products was gone and so where the building, again. I manuaally started the program from the fsdreamteam foder in FSXand when I started FSX again everything was grand, until I decided to shut it down and restart to see if this was going to be a recurring issue..it is!! Now what must be done

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New gripe
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 12:00:36 pm »
Allow some time ( like 5-10 seconds, depending how fast your system is ), between each FSX restart. It might be that, if you restart FSX too fast from the previous session, the Couatl.exe is still in the process of closing so, it will not start a second copy of itself.

How much time to wait, depends also by how many memory your FSX has allocated. The safest thing to do, at least to assess if this is indeed the problem, is to use the Process view in the Task manager, to check if Couatl.exe has closed when FSX has exited. If it has, it should be ok to restart FSX.

drakar5

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 02:02:02 pm »
Re-started FSX....no Couatl-powered products in add on menu

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 02:17:53 pm »
As I've said: have you checked if the Task manager is showing Couatl.exe in the processes ? Because, how to diagnose this problem, is entirely different, depending if Couatl is simply not loaded, or if it's loaded, but it's not working.

If IS IS loaded automatically by FSX and it stays in the Task manager, you can try this:

Open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

Save the file as couatl.ini in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder, so it stays at the same level of the couatl.exe.

Run FSX, go to KORD, then quit FSX after the airport has been loaded. Check if you have a couatl.log file in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder and post its content here.

If it's NOT loading, then it's a totally different issue, so it's no use creating the diagnostic ini file.

drakar5

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 02:36:40 pm »
It is not loading, I restarted FSX this morning....8 hours after closing it last night..plenty of time to reload couatl. I currently have FSX running with couatl working after going to the fsdreamteam folder and manually starting it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 02:50:48 pm »
It is not loading, I restarted FSX this morning....8 hours after closing it last night..plenty of time to reload couatl. I currently have FSX running with couatl working after going to the fsdreamteam folder and manually starting it.

Ok, if it's not loading automatically, but loads manually, it means the sofware works, but it's not configured to be started by FSX, due to one of these things:

- It's not present in your EXE.XML.

Check your EXE.XML, located at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX, and see if there's a section for it, and it's not disabled. Meaning, the <disabled> line should be set to False

- It's present in the XML, but FSX has flagged not to execute it, probably you didn't authorize it in FSX.

To check this, open your FSX.CFG with Notepad, located in the same location as the XML, which is %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX. Look for the [Trusted] section, find all the lines with a reference to Couatl.exe, and remove them all, the whole line. Save the file, launch FSX again, and check it's asking permission to run. Reply YES to BOTH questions, the one made by Windows with the shield, and the other one made by FSX. If you don't reply YES to both questions, FSX will continue to flag it not to load it automatically.

drakar5

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 02:58:20 pm »
Hold on....Remember  i mentioned that I executed couatl manually this morning and had FSX running, well I shut it down..created the couatl.ini just out of curiosity and re started FSX...... it started this time and couatl-powered products was in the add-ons menu....here is the log   couatl v1.0 (build 1010)
log started on Mon Nov 23 08:47:31 2009

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to FSX
bglmanx non ready yet, waiting.
connected to bglmanx
Loading add-on ENBR:
Add-on ENBR not installed, skipping
Loading add-on ZurichX:
Add-on ZurichX not installed, skipping
Loading add-on OHareX:
Add-on OHareX loaded
Loading add-on JFK:
Add-on JFK loaded
Loading add-on XPOI:
Add-on XPOI not installed, skipping
Loading add-on ParkMe:
Add-on ParkMe loaded
Loading add-on LSGG:
Add-on LSGG not installed, skipping
Loading add-on KLAS:
Add-on KLAS not installed, skipping
Loading add-on KFLL:
Add-on KFLL not installed, skipping
SharedMemInterface connected
disconnected from SimConnect.   I don't get it

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 03:04:51 pm »
You log is all fine.

It is not loading, I restarted FSX this morning....8 hours after closing it last night..plenty of time to reload couatl.

re started FSX...... it started this time and couatl-powered products was in the add-ons menu....

Now I'm not sure to understand: you first said it didn't started automatically after 8 hours, then you restarted FSX and it did start the 2nd time ? Automatically or not ?

So, the issue is not that it never starts automatically, it's that it starts automatically, but not always ?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 03:08:37 pm by virtuali »

drakar5

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 03:23:03 pm »
I started FSX this morning, couatl was not in the drop down menu..no buildings at ohare. I closed FSX when to the fsdream folder and executed couatl from there re-opened FSX and couatl now appeared in the drop down add-on menu. shut FSX down again and restarted 2 more times, on both occasions the couatl-powered products. As seen in the log. I just checked the FSX.CFG  and here is the entry "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe.orizerrbkaonurcwkcbhzueboubqorhclklbqtzi=1" Here is exe.xml "  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>
- <SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
- <Launch.Addon>
  <Name>Couatl</Name>
  <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
  <Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
  <Name>3wirex</Name>
  <Path>3wirex.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
  <Name>AICarriers</Name>
  <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\AICarriers\aicarriers.exe</Path>
  <CommandLine>-nogui</CommandLine>
  </Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
  <Name>Wheelcam</Name>
  <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\WheelCam\Wheelcam.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
  <Name>Autothumbnail</Name>
  <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Autothumbnail\Autothumbnail.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
  <Name>Autothumbnail</Name>
  <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Autothumbnail\Autothumbnail.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  </SimBase.Document>

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 03:23:07 pm »
I just checked the FSX.CFG  and here is the entry "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe.orizerrbkaonurcwkcbhzueboubqorhclklbqtzi=1"

This is perfectly fine. It says that FSX has accepted the program as trusted, and it verified it works so, the trusting request will never be made until the next time the executable will change, because of an update.

Have you tried, as I've suggested in another post, to set:

<<Disabled>True</Disabled>

For every other addon in the EXE.XML, except couatl.exe ?

drakar5

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 04:40:53 pm »
No, as in the other post I re installed Ohare and started FSX it asked if I wanted to trust couatl, then after answering yes to those 2 questions it asked about add-on manager, I also answered yes to those 2 questions and started FSX, while it was in its long (2-# minute startup) I checked the CFG. and your products couatl line and bglanx line were there. After FSX started couatl powered products was once again in the drop down. I went to JFK first and after I check Ohare I will shut it down and re start it several more times to see if I get consistant results. By the way which post are we going to use to communicate back and forth..this one or "I'm DONE!" I only saw this comment after writing in the I'm done about the jetways

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 05:19:40 pm »
By the way which post are we going to use to communicate back and forth..this one or "I'm DONE!" I only saw this comment after writing in the I'm done about the jetways

I've replied here, because I had to say something that was related to the XML file you posted here. I'm all for using only one thread!

drakar5

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2009, 06:21:34 pm »
Al right, sounds good...Like I said after the down load of Ohare update both KJFK and Ohare looked and worked fine to include parkme and opening the hangars. on the second start of FSX all was still good, but on the third start.(Keeping in mind not to restart to quickly so couatl has time to shut down) couatl was no longer in the drop down..nor was it there on the fourth restarting. I agree your software works, and looks fantastic, I am not sure why when there has been no changes to FSX except shutting it down and restarting it that it seems to forget to load couatl.

drakar5

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2009, 06:24:16 pm »
Did you get my note on the jetways and AI Aircraft? I use My Traffic 2010, not default....this may be the issue, has anyone else noticed the "Floating Jetway sections"?