Author Topic: V5 - strange artifacts around taxiway edge lights from a distance  (Read 4651 times)

airbadger

These weird white polygons appear out of the taxiway edge lights when viewed from a distance: https://imgur.com/D1Jfu7u

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: V5 - strange artifacts around taxiway edge lights from a distance
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 01:50:44 pm »
I cannot reproduce them but, since you haven't posted any details about your coordinates, or your zoom factor, it's difficult to replicate the same situation here.

Do they go away if you turn off "Enhanced Atmospheric (BETA)" ?

If yes, it's a known problem with it, which can happen with any object or scenery (it's the same issue of pixelated cloud borders ), that's why it's called Beta, and there's really nothing we can do to prevent it, only LM can fix it.

airbadger

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 02:45:19 pm »
I cannot reproduce them but, since you haven't posted any details about your coordinates, or your zoom factor, it's difficult to replicate the same situation here.

Do they go away if you turn off "Enhanced Atmospheric (BETA)" ?

If yes, it's a known problem with it, which can happen with any object or scenery (it's the same issue of pixelated cloud borders ), that's why it's called Beta, and there's really nothing we can do to prevent it, only LM can fix it.

28R start position. 1.00 Zoom factor. If you zoom further in, they disappear. This is with enhanced atmo off.

This might be a totally different issue, but FlightBeam had a very similar problem that I found with their taxi edge lights at PDX: https://www.flightbeam.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3181&p=17686#p17686.

airbadger

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 01:53:37 am »
Any update on this possibility getting looked into/fixed?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 01:16:29 pm »
This might be a totally different issue, but FlightBeam had a very similar problem that I found with their taxi edge lights at PDX

It's a totally different issue. They had one misplaced effect triangle, which could be fixed manually, your is very different and it's more related to rendering of the sim itself, like the white pixels that shows around objects and clouds.

airbadger

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 04:50:54 pm »
This might be a totally different issue, but FlightBeam had a very similar problem that I found with their taxi edge lights at PDX

It's a totally different issue. They had one misplaced effect triangle, which could be fixed manually, your is very different and it's more related to rendering of the sim itself, like the white pixels that shows around objects and clouds.

Ok, but to be clear, this issue occurs with enhanced atmo off, which is what's normally associated with the white pixels being drawn around objects.