Author Topic: Please Help me!  (Read 21288 times)

ErrorInside

Re: Please Help me!
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 02:43:25 pm »
So...now it's completely faulty.. ;D

I did unistall all of the FSDT scen. i own, deleted all of the couatl.exe and bglmanx.dll stuff in the fsx.cfg,  (path is C:\Users\my name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX, isn't it?) and rebooted.

Then i reinstalled but wasn't asked the "trust" question. i checked my reg (see screenshot) and found the values okay. Couatl and bglmanx are added to fsx.cfg automatically.

By the way: Now i got the "no building" problems in full fury  ;D

Cheerio
Florian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 03:09:42 pm »
Then i reinstalled but wasn't asked the "trust" question. i checked my reg (see screenshot) and found the values okay. Couatl and bglmanx are added to fsx.cfg automatically.

If you really removed all those sections, and after the first FSX start, you found them added automatically in the FSX.CFG, it means that Windows has instructed FSX to auto-trust the files for you. Which doens't happen automatically, but only if you, at least once, said to trust everything that is signed by Virtuali, which is one of the possible options.

In this case, everything is normal, and it's no strange behaviour at all.

By the way: Now i got the "no building" problems in full fury

So, let's start from scratch again:

- do you see the Addon Manager menu AND the Couatl menu under the Addons menu ? Do you see both, only one, of none of them ?

- Have you tried restarting FSX a couple of times, eventually rebooting Windows again ?

You should also allow some time for FSX to properly close. If you don't, and restart it too fast, it might be that the Couatl process is not closed and, if this happens, there will be no buildings. You can check if this is the case, by keeping the Task Manager open, and verifying there's no Couatl.exe process running, before restarting FSX.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 03:11:15 pm by virtuali »

ErrorInside

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 03:30:31 pm »

- Have you tried restarting FSX a couple of times, eventually rebooting Windows again ?

Yupp, rebooting did it. Now, all buildings are displayed properly.
Thank you a lot for your fast help.
Cheerio
Florian

G.Bosak

Hi umberto,

i've  deinstalled and reinstalled all your airports to each latest version.
worked with a brand new fsx.cfg (to eleminate tweaking errors)

I said some posts before this issue only exists during nightapproaches and it is still so, when Active Sky Advance is active.
If i deactivate this weatherengine your buildings will exist in approach, no matter if its night or day.
This must be a conflict between your simconnect usage (addonmanager?) and the usage of Active Sky Advance remote. (i use ASA via simconnect which is installed on a client PC, works fine and no other addon Airport shows this conflict with ASA, but all of yours.)

This i can reproduce in every flight now. ASA live weather data get lost when reaching ~9nm radius at all of your airports. (no more windvectors are seen in ND) and as i said, no airportbuildings are shown in nightflights, although there are correct installed, have latest addoninstaller and are in a healthy "active" status.

I know it sounds strange, but if there is any change to get a logfile of this simconnect conflict, which helps to debugg this issue some helping steps are needed. ???

I can't invest in any further addon sceneries if they work under laboratory conditions only.

regards
GB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I know it sounds strange, but if there is any change to get a logfile of this simconnect conflict, which helps to debugg this issue some helping steps are needed. ???

Yes, there is:

Open notepad, and copy the following text:

Code: [Select]
[SimConnect]
level=verbose
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

At the next FSX launch, you should see a text window with diagnostic message, that should tell you what's going wrong. Let me know what you are getting, so we can have an idea what's happening.

I can't invest in any further addon sceneries if they work under laboratory conditions only.

Maybe are are being too quick assuming is the scenery that has a problem. One might say that you shouldn't invest into weather utilities that prevents sceneries from working...

And, most importantly, we have a Trial version!

We just can't test with each and every possible 3rd party addon out there. If we did, we would had to spend all our available time installing and uninstalling hundreds of products, instead of doing actual developement work. That's why we have a Trial, so users can evaluate themselves if the scenery works with combination of addons THEY use.

bojote

Hi Umberto,

I don't know if this is important, but it might be related to what the user is reporting:

are you familiar with WDDM 1.0 and WDDM 1.1?

apparently (but I don't know why) in KJFK when using VISTA (or) Win7 running FSX in Vista compatibily mode (which reverts to WDDM 1.0) the 'buildings' seem to appear ONLY within VERY SHORT range of them... I noticed this when I was doing some test videos, The ones I sent you DO NOT have this problem (they were not run in Vista compatability mode) but if I do, the buildings will NOT show unless I fly over them. Initially I thought it was related to the 'Optimize view' LOD setting in Add On Manager and/or a specific WDDM 1.0 driver issue when using view optimization.

I guess the user reporting the problem can 'SLEW' over the buildings to see if they appear and see if this is related to his problem

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2010, 10:03:10 am »
Under Vista x64, if I turn on any of the Compatibility modes, the Addon Manager just won't work. It might be different on Windows 7, I'll have a look at it.

In any case, if the issue is related to video drivers, it *might* be there's a problem with WDDM 1.0, that FSX gets wrong information about the pixel size of an objects from the driver, which is used to compute the LOD to use so, the object disappears too early, because FSX thinks is too far from view, even if it's not.