Author Topic: Scenery Crash  (Read 4173 times)

Jax_Chief

Scenery Crash
« on: March 01, 2010, 07:50:46 am »
Howdy

I recently upgraded my computer and ever since I have been having problems with FSDT Chicago & JFK. Upon loading either airport after about 3 - 10 min depending on wx I loose the scenery and my aircraft. FSX it self hasn't crashed but it is unflyable. Attached is a SS of the problem.

This problem occurs with either defualt or pmdg a/c, day or night, wx clear or varible conditions, etc..

Both the Addon Manager & Couatl menus visable. Both Chicago & JFK are showing as active and not in trial mode.

I have tried uninstalling both jfk & chicago using the various methods mentioned here in the forums to no avail. I have tried just installing either jfk or chicago and still have the same problems. If I remove the FSDT scenerys the problem goes away.

As for my system, i'm running Asus P6t Dlux v2|i7 960 3.2 Stock|Nvidia 8800gts 640| 8 gigs ram|vista ult. 64x.

I have all current driveres for my rig and have tried using older display drivers but no luck. Iv unistalled fsx twice & no luck. I'm also running on a fresh install of vista. No virus or firewall software installed. vista's baby sitting features are disabled (UAC, Defender, etc....)

I cant for the life of me figure out how to get thi to run correctly. Everything worked like a charm before the upgrade. Previous rig was an amd based system.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks JR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Scenery Crash
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 11:20:40 am »
Both the Addon Manager & Couatl menus visable. Both Chicago & JFK are showing as active and not in trial mode.

That excludes a LOT of possible issue. You can safely exclude antivirus, firewall, problems with XML files, problems with Windows trust and anything like that. Fact you are seeing both menus means all our software is running correctly.

I assume you are using the current version of the Addon Manager. If not sure, try to install its Stand-Alone installer.

Check, after you are getting the problem, if you have the following file:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.err

Another thing to try, is to disable every module ( you basically have just AFX and several PMDG modules ) in the DLL.XML file, except the Addon Manager, and see if it makes any difference. Don't remove the section: it's enough to set the <Disabled> command to True

I'm also running on a fresh install of vista. No virus or firewall software installed. vista's baby sitting features are disabled (UAC, Defender, etc....)

"Fresh" means a stock, just installed Vista ? Because, you should at least install all the various Vista service packs and hotfixes.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 11:22:12 am by virtuali »

Jax_Chief

Re: Scenery Crash
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 08:32:35 pm »
As to the service packs and hotfix's for vista, they are installed.

I'll try your suggestions in a bit and post the findings...

JR