Author Topic: Fog Like look with double shadows at ground level  (Read 10653 times)

BernieFlyer

Fog Like look with double shadows at ground level
« on: May 08, 2020, 12:06:04 pm »
Hi, I have not used PHNL for a while and when I ran today I noticed a weird phenomenon. It looks like the aircraft is on the ground with its normal shadow but a see through layer above about half a wheel height which gives a grainy second shadow. I have checked to see if I have any other PHNL or Hawaii/Oahu scenery but nothing. Any ideas?

thanks

Bernie

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fog Like look with double shadows at ground level
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 12:16:47 pm »
Which simulator ?

BernieFlyer

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 01:46:57 am »
Sorry, it is P3Dv4.5 HF3.

BernieFlyer

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 02:47:21 am »
Hi Umberto, the issue I have is like this one:-

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6314&p=204008

regards

Bernie

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 12:48:28 pm »
We'll check this.

BernieFlyer

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 03:26:05 am »
Hi Umberto, have you had a chance to look at this?

Regards

Bernard

Andreasmb

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 04:06:20 pm »
Hi,

I have same new phenomenon, noted it now - FSDT PHNL only.
Running P3dV4.5 HF3 also, with no add on weather inject, just with P3D own clear skies weather.
Checked if it might be after change from SODE 1.68 to SODE 1.70. But both Sode versions show the same strange phenomenon.
See enclose pictures. whereas the one picture with SODE 1.68 in its name shows the situation when having unchecked - before taking that picture - the option in P3D settings Options-Lighting- Casting - Receiving both, External vehicle and Receive vehicle. And then one sees in this picture still the "fog" like phenomenon, without the own aircraft cast shadow of course. Checked AI traffic both UTL and FSXPAI models within the same session at FSDT PHNL, but they do not show this phenomenon.
Its not on other airports I have.

Strange, look forward to replies.

Andreasmb

Andreasmb

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2020, 04:49:20 pm »
Did add. checks as follows, whereas when I 1st found that phenomenon as per previous mail today I started P3d freshly and selected "PHNL" directly from the Prepar3d Scenario Menu and went there.

Now checked:

1. End P3d. Start new, but go 1st to my default flight scenario from Prepar3d Scenario Menu, started that, (no "fog phenomenon) and once in that scenario choose via MENU Item Navigation - go to airport PHNL -> and once there the same "fog" around wheels shows.

2. Went right away from that PHNL scenario showing the phenomenon straight away via MENU Item Navigation - go to airport to PHJR (near by PHNL), started flight from there to PHNL and when landing there NO "Fog" phenomenon around wheels, all normal! Aha.

3. Closed P3D started fresh, choose PHNL directly from the Prepar3d Scenario Menu and went there again. As to be exspected "Fog" phenomenon shows. Then started from PHNL runway with "Fogged"in wheels, and made small round and landed PHNL again and - > phenomenon gone, no "fog" layer around wheels!.

So to fly a round starting from PHNL and land again PHNL and the thing is gone. Or start from near by Airport / other airport and land in PHNL and then No phenomenon. Only if I go via menu selection to PHNL then "fog" layer is showing.

Bernard, can you confirm that?

Andreasmb

BernieFlyer

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2020, 02:09:46 am »
Wilco Andreas. I will report shortly.

Bernard

BernieFlyer

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2020, 02:21:16 am »
Well, before I retired last night I decided, just in case it may be an issue, to delete the Shaders folder and let it re-build. When I loaded a flight from the Menu BINGO the issue has gone! Give that a try. It will probably fix the issue. Why it only happens with PHNL is a mystery that only FSDT can solve.

Cheers

Bernard

BernieFlyer

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2020, 04:57:46 am »
looks like I led you astray on this. I tried again and it was back. Flew a circuit and it was still there, flew from Dillingham AFB and same. so no fix. I will try a few more things.

Bernie

Andreasmb

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2020, 04:24:36 pm »
Bernie,

noted.

Over here nothing new apart from what I reported already.

Would be interesting to know if others reading this have the fog-phenomenon at PHNL.

Andreas

BernieFlyer

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2020, 02:14:43 am »
Hi Andreas

Well I found out something. If I put the aircraft on the Active Rwy (in this case 26) all is fine. If I put it at Gate 68 (and seemingly other Runways - though needs checking) I have the problem. I tried with and ORBX Honolulu Cityscape installed and not installed (checking that no funny files were left anywhere) and the behaviour is the same. One can go back and forth between the 2 scenarios Gate 68 and Active Rwy and it is consistent. Fine on the Active and "fog" at Gate 68 and other locations. I did try turning off the FSDT Elevation .bgl in Scenery\world\scenery but this seemed to have no effect so that is back live again. It appears to be some elevation issue but I can find no rogue elevation files anywhere.

Bernie ???

BernieFlyer

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2020, 02:17:48 am »
Andreas, this seems related does it not? http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=12867.0

Bernie

bduva27

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2020, 05:38:05 pm »
I Dont Know if this helps but i have the same effect now at a fsxcenery airport. i think its actually something to do with gsx