Author Topic: No buildings in p3dv5 **SOLVED**  (Read 11692 times)

mazelda

No buildings in p3dv5 **SOLVED**
« on: May 07, 2020, 03:02:55 pm »
Hi
I've just downloaded the latest software for LSGG that is compatable with P3dv4.5 and P3dv5.
Everything seems fine with P3dv4.5 however when I run it in P3dv5 I get ground markings but no buildings and when I go to add on manager in the sim it shows as trial every time and have to register it again .
As it was the last scenery installed it currently sits at position 1 of my scenery library.
Any ideas what the problem might be?
Thanks
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 03:20:29 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No buildings in p3dv5
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 03:38:22 pm »
Have you installed GSX L2 as well ? LSGG won't work without it.

mazelda

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 06:06:29 pm »
Cheers Umberto. I didn't know that was required. I will install that and see how I go.

mazelda

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 06:28:42 pm »
Ok so I installed gsx l2,latest version  from website and then ran P3dv5  but has made no difference, I'm still getting no buildings.
Also every time I start P3dv5 and go to the addon manager it says that I'm in trial mode and I have to put my reg details in.5th time for LSGG and 3rd time for gsxL2 Not sure what the issue is as all works fine in my P3dv4.5 install
what to try now?

Edit:  I have also tried installing KCLT with same results but this time no ground textures as well.
What I have discovered is that P3dv5 does not ask me if I want the scenery enabled, but does show up in the scenery library on checking it. and also I do not have an option for GSX in the addons section of P3d
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 07:07:22 pm by mazelda »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 07:09:49 pm »
What I have discovered is that P3dv5 does not ask me if I want the scenery enabled, but does show up in the scenery library on checking it.

That's exactly how is supposed to be. The installer enables it for you.

and also I do not have an option for GSX in the addons section of P3d

You mean you don't have any of the usual GSX menus like GSX, Couatl Settings, etc. ? Seems the usual antivirus problem:

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions

- Be sure you don't have a firewall that might interfere with downloads

- Try the FSDT Live Update again

mazelda

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 11:35:38 pm »
Hi,
Ok still no joy i'm afraid, I have excluded the entire addon manager folder as you suggested and also excluded the P3dv5 addon folder that contains the .xml files.
I deleted and redownloaded the files from the site and uninstalled first to check all is ok which it is for P3dv4 but in P3dv5 I still have no buildings.
In the addons tab within P3d I get addon manager, couatl settings and couatl live update  but no GSX.
When I select the add on manager tab The links for LSGG and GSX and GSX2 show as trial after adding my serial codes they show as registered but nothing changes. When I shut p3dv5 down and restart it again if I go to the addon manager tab, the settings for the airport and gsx are showing as trial versions again.
This has me totally stumped

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 11:52:48 pm »
In the addons tab within P3d I get addon manager, couatl settings and couatl live update  but no GSX.

If you have both the Addon Manager and the Couatl menu, it means the software is running and, the only possible reasons why there's no GSX are:

- you haven't installed GSX

OR

- you have disabled GSX from the menu

OR

- there's a problem with the airport cache so, try to select "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" from the Couatl Settings menu. If it's all right, you are supposed to see a "Airport cache loaded successfully" message at the next start.

mazelda

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2020, 12:42:04 am »
Hi Umberto,
Sadly still not working.
I have checked and GSX is not disabled and is installed. I have restarted the airport cache which shows successfully loaded the addon manager still shows everything  I've installed from FSDT as in Trial mode rather than registered despite re-entering the codes numerous times. After a P3d restart But I still cannot get GSXL2 or any airport Buildings to show up in P3dv5.

However in P3dv4.5 everything is working as it should do. I have GSX working fine and all the various buildings showing.
I uninstalled GSX L2 and LSGG and started from scratch to see if it was windows that may have been causing problems but as both the programs show up in p3dv4.5 after a reinstall and working, and P3dv5 uses the same folder for these files it must be something else causing the issue.
I also checked to make sure the bglmanx65.dll file is there which it is.
Both xml files for the scenery seem to be the same except for the different dll file numbers ie 64 and 65.
After all that even with the couatl settings showing in addons I have no gsx in addons and the ctrl +F12 does nothing and still get no buildings

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2020, 12:35:23 pm »
I have restarted the airport cache which shows successfully loaded the addon manager still shows everything

This means GSX is working normally and all the software has started correctly. You can try enabling Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, and choose "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" in the Couatl menu.

After the cache has been rebuilt, if the correct AFCAD is still not used, exit the sim and check the log file at %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG, ZIP the file, and Attach it to a post, so I can check it.

mazelda

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2020, 01:11:08 pm »
Hi Umberto,
I think this is the crux of the problem I do not have a GSX tab in the addons menu.
I have addon manager, Couatl settings and couatl live update but no GSX.
I tried installing to p3dv5 only and unticked p3dv4.4+ but it seems to have made no difference, I still get nothing in P3dv5.
I presume it would make no difference if I set the troubleshooting in p3dv4.5 and then run p3dv5 as they are two different sims but use the same GSX software.
The only other things I can think of is that I have 2 serial numbers for GSX one for the original GSX and One for the L2 expansion. but when you go to the site for GSX and GSXL2 the setup names are the same for both.
The only other things I can think of is to uninstall  all my FSDT airports and then try reinstalling them.
Thought on what to do next?

Really appreciate the time your giving me to this problem

many thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2020, 01:20:08 pm »
I think this is the crux of the problem I do not have a GSX tab in the addons menu.

The issue is, you said you had the "Airport cache loaded successfully" message, and that means GSX started. Please try to do what I asked to do in my last post:

You can try enabling Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, and choose "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" in the Couatl menu.

After the cache has been rebuilt, if the correct AFCAD is still not used, exit the sim and check the log file at %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG, ZIP the file, and Attach it to a post, so I can check it.

mazelda

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2020, 02:52:59 pm »
Hi Umberto,
Ok, so some strange stuff at least to me is going on here. So I will give you everything I know so far, it may be of no use but here goes

So I have p3dv4.5 and P3dv5 installed on my E drive both are installed in the Lockheed martin directory and both then installed in there own individual directories
All my FSDT airports and GSX are installed for P3dv4 in an external folder called airports which addon manager is within.
When I run P3dv4.5 I have absolutely no issues whatsoever and under the addons tab of p3d I can see the sub tabs addon manager, couatl settings, couatl live update and GSX.
So P3dv4.5 working as expected.

P3dv5 install has only a small amount of stuff installed so far, and as far as FSDT is concerned I only have LSGG,KCLT and GSXL2 installed.
P3dv5 starts without issue and both LSGG and KCLT show as being installed.
Under the addon tab of P3dv5 I have showing addon manager, couatl settings, and couatl live update, and that's it NO gsx option.
However restarting couatl and couatl rebuild cache both work, so something is installed.
You asked me to set gsx to troubleshooting  which I cannot do in p3dv5 as I DO NOT have access to this tab, However I can access it through p3dv4.5 which I have done, and when I start P3dv5 the log file you asked for is produced and does look like it is giving p3dv5 information (is this how it's supposed to be?) anyway here is the log file

hope this makes sense to you.

So finally I have no Buildings at LSGG,KCLT and selecting ctrl+f12 does nothing and I get no gsx menu
and addon manager does not retain the registration info for my fsdt products. So every time I restart the p3dv5 sim they require the registrations re entered

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2020, 03:00:17 pm »
When I run P3dv4.5 I have absolutely no issues whatsoever and under the addons tab of p3d I can see the sub tabs addon manager, couatl settings, couatl live update and GSX.

See this reply here about SODE not updated in all sim:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23564.msg157386.html#msg157386

Also, please DO NOT post your Couatl.log the way you did. ZIP the file and use the Attach feature of the board to Attach the ZIP-ed log to a post.

mazelda

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2020, 03:14:59 pm »
Thanks Umberto,
Seems SODE was the issue all along. As soon as I downloaded and installed the latest version everything came good. I now have buildings and gsx working I think

So hopefully that should be it

Thanks for your help