Author Topic: Missing jetways **SOLVED**  (Read 7764 times)

Cfoley

Missing jetways **SOLVED**
« on: May 07, 2020, 05:50:40 am »
It has been a long time since I had any FSdreamteam issues, plus I have not been doing much flight simulating much for the past few months, so I am a little rusty on trouble shooting.  This has happened to me before, but I am missing the boarding ramps at KLAX.   I don't have GSX Level II installed, would that be the cause of the missing jetways?  Or should I re-download the airport?

Cfoley
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 05:20:41 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing jetways
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 02:31:44 pm »
I don't have GSX Level II installed, would that be the cause of the missing jetways? 

Exactly, we have updated most of our older airports with SODE jetways, which are all included in GSX L2, which of course is free to use at all our airports. If it has been a while since you last installer KLAX, in addition to downloading the latest GSX installer, it might be best to download the latest KLAX installer too.

Note that, if you still have a GSX profile you made for KLAX in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX, you must remove that .INI, because if it was made before the KLAX update featuring SODE jetways, your .INI ( without jetways ) will take precendence, and jetways won't show, even if you have GSX L2 installed.

Cfoley

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 07:59:16 am »
I did the full installer for KLAX, but now all the terminal buildings are missing along with the missing jetways.  I reinstalled twice, but the buildings are still missing.  I also tried "Restart Couatl and rebuild airport cache", but did not bring back the terminals.  When I do the Restart Couatl,  I get a pop up message for a few seconds stating "Airport cache regeneration completed with FAILURE in 1 second"  I don't know what is causing that.

Cfoley
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 08:14:48 am by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 12:32:53 pm »
When I do the Restart Couatl,  I get a pop up message for a few seconds stating "Airport cache regeneration completed with FAILURE in 1 second"  I don't know what is causing that.

A corrupted .BGL from another scenery, most likely. Enable Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, and choose "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" in the Couatl menu.

After the cache has been rebuilt, if the correct AFCAD is still not used, exit the sim and check the log file at %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG, ZIP the file, and Attach it to a post, so I can check it.

Cfoley

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 02:50:44 am »
I noticed that GSX was missing from my add-ons, so I reinstalled GSX and the KLAX terminals are back, minus the boarding gates which are still missing.   I recall having GSX Level II at some airports in the past, whether is was a demo or what,  I cannot recall.  But I have been hesitant to add GSX Level II because at some airports, it would take about 45 minutes for boarding of passengers.  I don't know if I have control over the time of boarding of passengers because that is just too long of a wait.

Cfoley
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 03:59:45 am by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 11:42:12 am »
I don't know if I have control over the time of boarding of passengers because that is just too long of a wait.

Of course you have, there's a passenger density slider, the higher it gets, the more passengers will appear at any given time, so the overall boarding time will be shorter.

Also, if you have a large airplane, you should probably use a gate with more than one jetway, halving the boarding time further. And if the airport doesn't have one, adding/replacing jetways is one of the main features of GSX L2.

In addition to that, you can even "cheat" on the passenger number ( by disabling the "Estimate passenger number" option), if you don't want to wait too much, since it's a number that's used only for GSX, and doesn't affect the rest of the simulation in any way.

Cfoley

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2020, 10:26:10 pm »
I purchased the GSX Level II to add to GSX for which I already have installed and put in the serial key after purchase.   I used the full installer, but the jetways are still missing.  I used the full installer for KLAX as well.  Is this where I remove the letters "INI"  from %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX " file to get the jetways to appear as you mentioned in the previous post?  I never made a "GSX Profile" in GSX that you asked in the previous post.  I don't know what is meant by that.  I did go into APPDATA/Roaming/Virtuali for KLAX,  I did not see anything that has ".INI" in the file for KLAX.

Just a note.  I never did any customizing in GSX.  

Cfoley
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 04:56:20 am by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 01:59:11 pm »
If you are absolutely sure that:

- You don't have any GSX .INI you made before we added SODE jetways in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX folder

AND

- You have installed the latest KLAX

AND

- You have installed the latest GSX Full installer

AND

- You have run the latest Live Update

Then the only possible explanation left is you have another scenery in conflict at KLAX. Check the GSX "Customize airport positions" option, it will tell you the name of the AFCAD in use at KLAX, which is supposed to be the one that comes with it. If it's not, it might give some idea of where the conflicting file is.

Cfoley

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2020, 12:34:22 am »
I did install KLAX with full installer and also GSX full installer three days ago.  I did reinstall KLAX first, but later I noticed afterwards,  GSX disappeared and had to reinstall GSX full installer too.  Attached is what GSX shows at a gate when I go to "Customize Airport Positions".  The jetway does not appear when I opened up FSX with a parked aircraft.

Cfoley
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 02:57:14 am by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2020, 11:06:18 am »
You said:

I did go into APPDATA/Roaming/Virtuali for KLAX,  I did not see anything that has ".INI" in the file for KLAX.

But the screenshot you posted clearly shows you have one, and that's precisely the reason why you don't see jetways, because you haven't removed the customization you made *before* we added SODE jetways so, your customization is taking precendence over the one we supply with KLAX, which of course includes SODE jetways.

I wrote this in my first reply to you:

Note that, if you still have a GSX profile you made for KLAX in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX, you must remove that .INI, because if it was made before the KLAX update featuring SODE jetways, your .INI ( without jetways ) will take precendence, and jetways won't show, even if you have GSX L2 installed.

Cfoley

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2020, 11:42:14 pm »
How do I go about removing this "INI".  While it shows on the attachment, it does not show in my APPDATA file for KLAX.  I scrolled down the whole list, with each gate and information.    I need to go to a "Customization" location site to take out this "INI"?  I am a bit confused.

Cfoley
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 11:44:50 pm by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2020, 12:55:30 am »
it does not show in my APPDATA file for KLAX

It's not APPDATA, it's %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX

%APPDATA% it's always valid for every OS and every User name, that's why I use this syntax, just type that in a File Explorer address bar, or in the white area search after pressing the Windows key, then ENTER, the right folder will open up.

Of course, if you have Explorer configured to hide file extensions, you'll see just the name of the file without the .INI extension, assuming it's registered to some program ( sometimes it's Notepad ), but the filename is specific enough to prevent any confusion.

Cfoley

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2020, 04:19:21 am »
I meant to type %APPDATA%/Virtuali/GSX in my post, but as I mentioned before,  there is nothing in the %APPDATA%/Virtuali//GSX for the KLAX file with anything "INI".  I checked every line for every gate.  While that first attachment I sent shows something, it does not in %APPDATA%/Virtuali//GSX.  As for customizing,  I never customized anything in GSX or KLAX, so I don't know what it is I am to do.  Attached is the KLAX file in %APPDATA%/Virtuali/GSX .  Do I delete this file?  I opened up this file looking for anything with "INI", but found nothing.
Cfoley
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 04:39:04 am by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2020, 10:31:34 am »
You surely have an .INI file, it's again right there in the last screenshot you posted!

And, as I've said, if you have Explorer configured to hide file extensions, you'll see just the name of the file without the .INI extension, assuming it's registered to some program ( sometimes it's Notepad ), but the filename is specific enough to prevent any confusion.

And, you must remove the WHOLE .INI file! Nowhere I ever said you are supposed to open it and "search" for some "ini line" inside of it. Just remove the file, and restart the sim or, if is still running, restart Couatl.

Note that, you could have obtained the same result by selecting the "Airport" top node in the list of parking spots in the GSX editing page, which would result in selecting all parking of the airport, and press the "Reset" button. I said "remove the .INI", because it looked easier.

Cfoley

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2020, 09:49:13 pm »
I deleted the file and the gates are now back.  I misunderstood the trouble shooting instructions for deleting the "INI" file.  But everything if fine now.  Thanks for the help!

Cfoley