Author Topic: P3D 5.1 hangs on shutdown with gsx services running  (Read 2503 times)

p3dx3

P3D 5.1 hangs on shutdown with gsx services running
« on: March 06, 2021, 12:02:37 pm »
P3D 5.1 hangs on exit when I park and deboard. a prepar3d.cfg.txt is created to show a crash.
I think that when I load in the sim and request pushback without any services, fly, land, request deboarding, it hangs p3d on exit.

p3dx3

Re: P3D 5.1 hangs on shutdown with gsx services running
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 11:15:00 am »
second flight
No hang on exit!
Because I restarted gsx after landing and requested deboarding.
It worked

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 02:26:48 pm »
As explained so many times, GSX cannot possibly "hang" the sim, because it runs entirely separate from it.

Instead, there's a known bug in the P3D 5.1 new Simconnect Html menu, which hangs by itself, without this having anything to do with GSX, but can easily mislead users assuming it's GSX's fault, because users always associate what is really the "Simconnect menu", to be the "GSX menu", but of course the problem happens with every add-on that use it, and even with the default ATC window, it's just that opening it from GSX is done more often, so the chance the menu will hang is higher with GSX, just because you call it more often.

Some users reported that switching to the previous Scaleform-based menu, will fix the menu hangup.

p3dx3

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 07:47:22 pm »
As explained so many times, GSX cannot possibly "hang" the sim, because it runs entirely separate from it.

Instead, there's a known bug in the P3D 5.1 new Simconnect Html menu, which hangs by itself, without this having anything to do with GSX, but can easily mislead users assuming it's GSX's fault, because users always associate what is really the "Simconnect menu", to be the "GSX menu", but of course the problem happens with every add-on that use it, and even with the default ATC window, it's just that opening it from GSX is done more often, so the chance the menu will hang is higher with GSX, just because you call it more often.

Some users reported that switching to the previous Scaleform-based menu, will fix the menu hangup.

I am using the old window and it is hanging on exit. It almost 100% hangs only when NOT using gsx when I depart, like departing from a hard stand with no pushback required and I am rushing to fly I do not select any boarding, then I arrive at my destination and select deboarding, connect sode/gsx jetways. A while later I quit the sim and it hangs on exit. prepar3d.cfg.txt is created after p3d takes a long time to exit sometimes it is not shutting down itself.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 12:12:55 pm »
I am using the old window and it is hanging on exit. It almost 100% hangs only when NOT using gsx when I depart

Nothing that happens inside GSX can possibly hang the sim, since GSX is running entirely outside of it. But GSX is calling the menu and, while the "old menu" might not hang in game, like the new menu does, it doesn't mean the old menu is 100% reliable, because it's being phased out and it's there just because there are known issues with the new HTML menu.

p3dx3

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 08:19:11 pm »
I am using the old window and it is hanging on exit. It almost 100% hangs only when NOT using gsx when I depart

Nothing that happens inside GSX can possibly hang the sim, since GSX is running entirely outside of it. But GSX is calling the menu and, while the "old menu" might not hang in game, like the new menu does, it doesn't mean the old menu is 100% reliable, because it's being phased out and it's there just because there are known issues with the new HTML menu.

Did another flight, loaded in, no requesting of services just pushback, landed at destination and requested de-boarding. After finished, quit p3d. Sim hangs on close. prepar3d.cfg.txt created

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2021, 04:04:54 pm »
After finished, quit p3d. Sim hangs on close. prepar3d.cfg.txt created

You only said you used GSX, but that doesn't indicate GSX was the cause, you surely used other things, like an airplane or a scenery so why, exactly, this could an indication of GSX being the cause ?

And even if you uninstalled GSX and your crashes stopped, this also doesn't mean GSX was the cause because, as I already explained in my previous post, it's a known fact the new HTML menus sometimes hangs the sim so, GSX is not the cause other than the fact it use the Simconnect menu but, in this case, any other add-on using that menu could be affected so, it's up to LM to fix this, everytime something happens with the menu, people immediately put the blame on GSX, but it's always LM that fixes it in the end, it already happened many times and not a single time we had to patch GSX because of a bug in the Simconnect menu.