Author Topic: Hawaiian Airports buildings  (Read 10614 times)

Hal

Hawaiian Airports buildings
« on: January 25, 2020, 06:07:38 pm »
After a smooth few months here is what I am experiencing. No buildings at PHTO. My other airports are fine. Here is what I have done:
 run the update, disabled virus protection, installed latest GSX v2. I also reinstalled (from fresh download) the Hawaiian airports. Interestingly, when I did the latter I had buildings at PHTO but they disappeared from my other airports

Hal

Hal

Re: Hawaiian Airports buildings
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 06:19:31 pm »
Just to followup. I notice that the four Hawaiian airports do not have a_init.pye file in the couatl folder. Is this significant?

hal

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 11:41:57 am »
Just to followup. I notice that the four Hawaiian airports do not have a_init.pye file in the couatl folder. Is this significant?

Not sure where you are looking into but, there are supposed to be only two folders for the Hawaii airports in the Addon Managerr\Couatl folder ( Hawaii1 and Hawaii2 ), not four and they both contains the correct files.

Yes, if you (or something else ) remove those files, the scenery won't show up, but I checked and I can only confirm the installer is placing the files there.

Hal

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 02:35:50 pm »
Sorry, I wasn't very clear; I know there are only 2 Hawaiian folders.  At any rate, I reinstalled the Hawaiian airports (fresh download) and this restored the pye files in the Hawaiian folders which were definitely missing. After this install, the Hawaiian airports are good and my remaining FSDT airports remain good (unlike before). So, I'm good. I wish I understood a little better how the couatl engine works, maybe I could solve more problems on my own. Do you have anything written that describes what it does?

Hal