Author Topic: No jetways at KORD v2 upon arrival  (Read 5189 times)

Jean-claude

No jetways at KORD v2 upon arrival
« on: May 03, 2020, 07:17:27 pm »
Whenever I buy and install a new scenery, I always check it immediately so as to ensure it works flawlessly, and so did I verify after uninstalling FSDT KORD v1 and installing v2. Everything was perfect and I was impressed by the new product.

For the first time after installing KORD v2 on P3Dv4.5.2, I landed my PMDG 777 from Zurich this afternoon and found KORD airport without ANY jetways anywhere... (whereas they were present when I checked the scenery after installation). I saw another similar topic and checked my AFCAD files with GSX, the only AFCAD file is correct, so that is a different matter.

I restarted P3Dv4.5.2 with the default aircraft and all my jetways were there...! What is this mystery, and how can I avoid it in the future please?
Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 08:40:14 am by Jean-claude »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No jetways at KORD v2 upon arrival
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 09:32:36 pm »
Was the scenery working normally, just with missing jetways ? Next time it happens, check if you have the GSX menu.

Jean-claude

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 08:32:41 am »
Yes the KORDv2 scenery was working normally and all buildings appeared, only jetways were missing. GSX menu was working at your FSDT scenery Zurich, I did not check at KORD since there was no jetway, I did not feel the necessity of using GSX at all and stopped my flight there. But now that you mention this, I did notice when ending a couple of previous flights that the GSX2 menu was not available anymore upon arrival (even when clicking in the P3D menu) while I used it successfully upon departure, could this be linked? Why would GSX2 crash (for the lack of a better term) during the flight, what could trigger that?
Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 08:41:37 am by Jean-claude »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 11:05:02 am »
Why would GSX2 crash (for the lack of a better term) during the flight, what could trigger that?

Difficult to say without a log. Enable logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings and, next time you lose the GSX menu, exit the sim and check the logfile at %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG. ZIP it and Attach it to a post here.

Jean-claude

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 04:27:53 pm »
I believe I have another problem that may be linked with this malfunction: I updated Windows s few days ago and - along with it - came the vicious bug that messes up your keyboard settings, I realised today that certain P3D commands were not correct, sure enough my keyboard has gone to another one. I reset my keyboard to Swiss French but that apparently is not sufficient, MCE stopped working (and it's all about key shortcuts) so I just dont know where to start to reset something I spent a long time to make work correctly in the past... I am going to seek help from Microsoft for that and will see if P3D falls back where it was for months. Thank you.

Jean-claude

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 01:15:36 pm »
My keyboard problem is now settled and all my P3Dv4.5.2 add-ons are back to normal.

This morning I did a flight from KORDv2 to KLAX using FSLabs A321. All scenery details worked perfectly well at KORD, but when landing at KLAX, I had no terminal, having verified my Add-on Manager, KLAXv2 is activated. As you suggested above, I activated the logging tool within GSX and I have the report which I attach for your review. Thank you for your help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2020, 09:52:09 pm »
Your log doesn't show any problems, and it was probably made on another session, not during the flight you had the problem with, because it shows you just started the sim at KLAX.

Be sure you exit the sim when you see the problem,  and don't start it again before having sent the log, because the log gets overwritten every new session.

The only thing unusual, is that airport cache is being recreated, which is not normal, unless you just installed a scenery too. Or, are you using some kind of tool that changes the Scenery Library before each flight ?

Also, you have some corrupted files ( those the log shows has having 0 length ).

Jean-claude

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2020, 09:02:17 am »
Thank you Umberto, yes after I landed at KLAX with no scenery, I quit P3D and restarted with a default airplane, and everything was fine, all buildings were there... I did not realise that the log would only be showing the latest episode. Point taken for the future.

I am using the Lorby scenery tool which I opened after closing P3D to check if KLAX was correctly listed and activated - which was the case - (I had done the same within P3D in the scenery menu and with the FSDT Add-on Manager before) and everything was OK, hence my perplexity with this problem that now happened twice in a row. I will make another flight today and will make sure - if I have yet another problem - not to start P3D after I exit the flight. Perhaps I should do the same flight with the same airports just to make sure I put all "chances" on our side to understand this issue. Many thanks for your assistance.

Jean-claude

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2020, 05:19:38 pm »
As mentioned above, I retried the same flight as yesterday and met with a number of issues at KORD. Let me explain what I did:
1/ I uninstalled KORD v2, downloaded the latest version on Simmarket where I bought it and re-installed the newest (P3Dv5 version) which was automatically updated.
2/ I checked that the scenery was correctly installed and activated
3/ Then I started exactly the same flight as yesterday and experienced the following problems:
     a) Using the FSLabs A321 (Gate H17), at the requested boarding time, the jetway was not set in motion (usually GSX2 asks which door we want to use, there was no request)
     b) When I opened the GSX menu, I had only one choice: "More options in avatar mode" , I never used avatar mode and have no clue how to do that and why this happens out of the blue when yesterday I still had the normal GSX menu with the previous version...
     c) My passengers were boarded instantly and automatically - without me asking for it (I could see they were here through the A321 FMGS), the luggage were boarded by GSX normally and the refueling was also performed normally
     d) Having no GSX menu, I could not request the pushback and had to revert to Shift + P

Running out of time, I put my sim in x 4 to check KLAX, but crashed on the way due to thunderstorms, so no time to check LA today, but perhaps the new log will allow you to understand what is happening with GSX at KORD for starters.
Again I thank you for your guidance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2020, 05:49:57 pm »
but perhaps the new log will allow you to understand what is happening with GSX at KORD for starters.

The log doesn't show any errors in GSX, it shows that, when you were switching views, at some time the airplane moved outside the airport. That's why you lost the normal GSX menu: it assumed you were outside the airport, see here:

onExitedAirport KORD
[KORD V2] - T1C audio library destroyed
[KORD V2] - AI panels stopped...
Loading airport 82IS from C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\0302\scenery\APX24170.bgl
Loading airport KRFD from C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\0302\scenery\APX24160.bgl
Loading airport KVTI from C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\0202\scenery\APX23160.bgl
Loading airport IA97 from C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\0202\scenery\APX23160.bgl

Are you really SURE you are not using a 3rd party camera tool, one that is tricking GSX into assuming the plane has moved ? Do you recall seeing the airplane slewing away and going through those other airports ?

Jean-claude

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2020, 06:17:35 pm »
Thank you for your follow-up. No I am not using any third party camera and near had one since FS2002... I am changing views sometimes with the right click of the mouse or sometimes with my stick hardware button, that's all. I also use from time to time the GSX preset views for refueling.
I don't even know what these listed airports are, I assume they must be close to KORD, but I don't have any other add-on in this region.

Finally, during the entire pre-flight period, the plane never left its parking spot on Gate H17, so I am at a loss to understand this reading of the log.
Would this explain the "more options in the avatar mode" which I had never seen before?
What is the meaning of "TIC audio library destroyed"? Consequence of the same phenomenon?

OK to-morrow, I will use another plane, another gate at KORDv2 to nail that one on the head!

Many thanks again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2020, 06:24:34 pm »
Would this explain the "more options in the avatar mode" which I had never seen before?

You always saw that menu, it's just you never paid attention to. It's the YouControl menu for KORD V2. If GSX works normally, you'll see both menus, if GSX is missing, you'll see only the YouControl menu.

So, it seems that, from the KORD V2 own point of view, you *were* at KORD, so it displayed its own YouControl menu, but GSX assumed you moved in another airport(s)

What is the meaning of "TIC audio library destroyed"? Consequence of the same phenomenon?

Yes, that's exactly what is supposed to happen when you exit the airport. Which means, you were exited from the airport *even* from the KORD V2 point of view.

OK to-morrow, I will use another plane, another gate at KORDv2 to nail that one on the head!

Many thanks again.
[/quote]

Jean-claude

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2020, 09:43:40 pm »
This problem seems to be a moving target, but I believe we are on to something. I am presently at the same gate H17 with the same plane A321 (FSLabs) and I narrowed down the issue to the loading of the airplane through the ATSU of the plane.
To recap:
1/ Catering requested and delivered by GSX through ATSU
2/ Refueling delivered and completed by GSX through ATSU
3/ Jetway (requested through GSX menu) to L1 because the ATSU request was not implemented on time as required
4/ The boarding requested though the ATSU never happened at the scheduled time, about four minutes beyond that time, I requested the boarding through the GSX menu and everything worked normally, I could follow the loading through the payload page.
5/ The pushback was requested through GSX and performed normally

Bottom line, I believe - but submit to your expertise - that the boarding process not happening through the A321 FSLabs ATSU could be the source of the problem since, in my previous unsuccessful scenarii at KORDv2, I was loosing my GSX menu precisely at or after (but never before) the boarding time when that sequence did not take place (including as a first sequence the jetway positioning). Considering that the three products (KORDv2/GSX2/FSLabs) are very cleverly thought and work together, and if this issue can be replicated by others, an adjustment could be needed.

Additionally, I checked the boarding sequence at LSGG, LSZH, KLAX (all FSDT):
A/ if I request through the GSX menu the boarding, all vehicles for luggage and mobile stairway for the backdoor come into position, but the jetway remains idle and the GSX menu is not accessible anymore (only the airport menu).
B/ If I request as a first sequence "operate jetway", it will get into position on the selected door. Boarding can then be selected. Is this the way it is supposed to work and did I dream that the jetway was automatically moved into position at the door when boarding was requested?

Kindly let me know if all that makes sense to you.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 12:39:04 pm by Jean-claude »