Author Topic: Jetways and SODE disappear  (Read 6534 times)

alexh617

Jetways and SODE disappear
« on: May 01, 2020, 05:20:06 pm »
I have a weird bug having installed KORD v2 yesterday. When taxiing in and requesting GSX ground services, the jetways and SODE safedocks disappear. Is there a fix?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways and SODE disappear
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 06:02:15 pm »
Just checked it now, and it doesn't happen here.

KORD V2 doesn't use SODE safedocks by default. Are you sure they are SODE safedocks ? If yes, it's because you replace the GSX ones with the ones from SODE ?

alexh617

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 10:27:56 pm »
I have SODE VDGS installed, but haven't changed the ones that installed with KORD v2. But they along with jetways disappear when GSX services are requested.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 11:48:08 am »
I have SODE VDGS installed, but haven't changed the ones that installed with KORD v2. But they along with jetways disappear when GSX services are requested.

Do you still have the GSX menu after the jetway disappear ?

Please enable logging in the troubleshooting section of the GSX settings, and see if you have what looks like an error in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.log file, which you should check by existing the sim AFTER the jetway disappear, without doing anything else.

alexh617

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 05:11:49 pm »
I tried using the QW757 to see if anything changed. The safedock worked, although it did bring me past the stoppoint (and GSX said I had parked too short). The jetway still went transparent. I also then got an error message saying that [SODE] All active Jetways stopped due to Main Module (exe) Disconnection! (N=0)

alexh617

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2020, 05:17:49 pm »
For some reason I can't post the attachments so please find them here
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_7n5g79iuqyWfi42aqH1S9-Yl071Gm2K

Thanks for your support!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 10:21:42 pm »
Please enable logging from the Troubleshoot menu in the GSX Settings, and repeat the problem, and post the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG file instead. You can attach it to a post if you ZIP it first.

alexh617

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 10:46:53 pm »
I can't find a Couatl.LOG file on my system, even with troubleshooting turned on

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2020, 10:58:38 pm »
I can't find a Couatl.LOG file on my system, even with troubleshooting turned on

You are not supposed to "find it", it's exactly where I said it is. Provided, of course, you haven't changed the folder in the Troubleshooting page. That same page has a "Open Folder" button, which will open the folder containing the log file.

The option will be only active on the next startup of the sim, or after the next "Restart Couatl" from the Couatl Settings menu.

alexh617

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2020, 11:08:35 pm »
Can confirm that it's not in that folder, and I haven't tinkered with the location of the file. Clicking the "open folder" on the diagnostic log takes me to the where the log file where it should be. I've also tried disabling and then reenabling the diagnostic log; but this merely crashes the sim.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2020, 11:14:46 pm »
I cannot see your screenshot, because it's too tiny to be read.

However, I can see you have the file extension visualization disabled, so you cannot possibly know if you don't have a Couatl.LOG file, because file extensions are not shown. You DO have several couatl "text" files with a text icon, one of them is the Couatl.LOG.

alexh617

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2020, 11:25:59 pm »
Ah yes I see it now, apologies for my incompetence! I've attached it now along with the error file. I again lost the safedocks and jetways for the record.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2020, 11:46:31 pm »
What other add-on modules you have installed ? Those with a menu under the "Addons" menu.

alexh617

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2020, 11:53:44 pm »
This is what the addons menu dropdown looks like in the sim, I have quite a few, but intriguingly the problem seems centred on Chicago and no other airports (including FSDT JFK, HNL and LAX).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2020, 12:09:14 am »
This is what the addons menu dropdown looks like in the sim, I have quite a few, but intriguingly the problem seems centred on Chicago and no other airports (including FSDT JFK, HNL and LAX).

Try to disable everything from VRS in the Options->Add-on menu ( assuming they are installed with the add-on.xml method ), we had previous reports that all those fake exceptions errors were caused by that add-on.

If still doesn't work, disable everything except KORD V2 and the Addon Manager, then re-enable every add-on, one by one, after restarting the sim each time.