Author Topic: Transmition towers  (Read 5904 times)

johnny_gitara

Transmition towers
« on: May 01, 2020, 10:02:51 am »
Hello guys, i just wanted to report that in P3d v5 at IAH there are two transmition towers next to the tresholds of runways 15L and R. Hope the picture helps. Take care

RAY VLASEK

Re: Transmition towers
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 10:10:34 pm »
Have same problem,  looks very odd on approach,  any fix for this.

CaptKornDog

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 07:19:21 pm »
I'm seeing the same thing in a newly-installed P3Dv5 build on my system.

Simple Airport Scanner reveals no duplicate AFCADs in my directories.

Bozo92

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2021, 02:26:41 am »
This is caused by a bug in the default P3D Vector Data which extends power lines/towers and other vector data beyond their actual last intended final position.
This affects power lines, roads etc.

FSDT should easily be able to create a custom exclusion file and eliminate that power line and the two towers for good, I assume they just didnt notice the transmission towers in v5. 

Umberto/FSDT team, for your technical reference could you refer to this thread below at fsdeveloper?
As you know AFCAD Autogen Exlusions (which are already present in the FSDT KIAD AFCAD) by design cannot exclude vector data.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/cant-exclude-default-obj-on-p3d-v5.447530/

Based on the same problem at a different airport and solution shared in the thread above, I have created a terrain exclude to remove the transmission towers at KIAH

Place the file into Addon Manager\Addon Manager\FsDreamTeam\KIAH\Scenery

Happy flying!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 08:23:17 pm by Bozo92 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2021, 10:05:09 am »

It's best to place it somewhere else, for example in P3DV5\Scenery\World\Scenery

Both for conceptual reasons (if it's made to exclude a bug in the default P3D data, it should stay somewhere in the default scenery), but also for practical reasons because, placing it in the Fsdreamteam\KIAH folder would result in the FSDT Live Update removing it on each run. Sure, you could create a DONTOUCH file to prevent that, but that would also prevent getting any future updates for the scenery.

Bozo92

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2022, 01:28:05 am »

It's best to place it somewhere else, for example in P3DV5\Scenery\World\Scenery

Both for conceptual reasons (if it's made to exclude a bug in the default P3D data, it should stay somewhere in the default scenery), but also for practical reasons because, placing it in the Fsdreamteam\KIAH folder would result in the FSDT Live Update removing it on each run. Sure, you could create a DONTOUCH file to prevent that, but that would also prevent getting any future updates for the scenery.

Well noted, thank you for the suggestion Umberto

Any chance you will incorporate this inclusion in your KIAH_FSDT_CVX.bgl ?

Happy New Year!

w6kd

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2022, 02:57:51 am »
FWIW, putting Bozo92's exclude into scenery/world/scenery did not work, but putting it into a separate layer just below the KIAH scenery did.

Thanks to Bozo92 for fixing this.

Bob Scott