Author Topic: Majestic Dash Q8-400 Refuelling  (Read 3264 times)

vc-10man

Majestic Dash Q8-400 Refuelling
« on: April 30, 2020, 08:06:34 pm »
As this aircraft is listed as being supported, is there any way when calling for the fuel truck, it does not just whizz in and out doing the refueling as currently happens, but actually takes its time as happens when called for in say PMDG's 737NGXu or 747 aircraft?  I have looked all over the GSX Settings but does not seem to refuel like a normal refueller truck would

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Majestic Dash Q8-400 Refuelling
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 03:39:41 pm »
I don't know what you are referring to. Here'a a video showing the GSX refueling working perfectly with the Majestic Dash Q8-400, using the default airplane configuration that comes with GSX, which flags the airplane has using the default Fuel page, so the procedure is just like a default airplane, as in my video:

- The video starts by confirming the airplane started the flight with 25% of fuel.

- I call the GSX Refuel, it's a Gate, so a Fuel Hydrant will come.

- When the truck arrives, it will ask how much fuel to load, I replied 60%

- The crew does all the complete procedure, the fuel counter goes up progressively, as expected

- At the end of the procedure, I opened the fuel page, to confirm the precise, exact, level of 60% has been reached.

So, it works as expected. Have you changed the airplane configuration ? Are you doing something different than what I did in the video ?

vc-10man

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 01:37:25 am »
Thanks, for the reply, Umberto.

Okay, I have the same type of Refueling Truck come to my Majestic Dash Q8-400, and it does the same pirouette under the right wing, then the fuel quantity request screen shows up, I select say 80%, but whereas in your video, now the two men get out of their Refuel Truck to carry out the refueling hose connections, etc, in my case, that Refuel Truck just comes under the wing, the same fuel load menu shows up, I select, and then without any men getting out, etc, it just waltzes away, and all this despite selecting Progressive Refueling in the Settings. It does so for the PMDG, the FSL, the CS aircraft, except this particular aircraft.

So, where am I going wrong?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 11:44:52 am »
So, where am I going wrong?

You are not saying the most important factor: what was your fuel level BEFORE you called the GSX refueling ? If, by the time the fuel truck arrives, your fuel level is already higher than the one you requested, it will stop for a second, and will go away, since there's nothing left to do for it.

That's precisely why, at the start of my video, I show the initial fuel quantity which was set at 25%.

and all this despite selecting Progressive Refueling in the Settings

The "Progressive refueling" setting is used ONLY with airplanes flagged as having a custom fuel system ( those that GSX doesn't refuel ), it won't have any effect on this airplane, which as can clearly be seen in my video, it IS refueled by GSX, so it uses the standard procedure.

vc-10man

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 04:21:01 pm »
Thanks for all that clarifications. Will double check and follow your video tutorial on that.

vc-10man

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2020, 07:38:00 pm »
Okay, followed your video as close I could.

1)Made sure there was no fuel in the tanks by ensuring there it was zero fuel
2) Called for the GSX Refuelling Truck
3)Selected 90% from the menu that flagged up.
4)Despite moving the timing slider off completely in the GSX Settings menu, this Refueller only took a mere 2-3 mins to refuel over 10000lbs, which is incredible. Must be the fastest Refuellers in the West ;D
5)And unlike in your video, no refuelling personnel stepped out
6) All done and dusted within 3 minutes.

So,what is going on?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 10:10:11 pm »
4)Despite moving the timing slider off completely in the GSX Settings menu, this Refueller only took a mere 2-3 mins to refuel over 10000lbs, which is incredible. Must be the fastest Refuellers in the West

10.000 lbs / 6.5 = 1538 Gallons

According to real world specs, that vehicle fuel pump can pump 450 gallons per minute:

http://omegaaviation.com/fuel_trucks_aircraft_ground_support_equipment/2005_isuzu_almac_tank_avgas_aviation_refueling_truck.html

So 3 minutes seems about right.

5)And unlike in your video, no refuelling personnel stepped out

This is of course normal, you are not parked on a gate, the Fuel Hydrant won't come and the airplane is too small to use a Tanker, which is the other vehicle with a crew.

vc-10man

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 10:27:05 pm »
What else can I say, except a great big Thank You for a full and logical answer.

Now everything falls into place, because I used the same method i.e.25% on-board fuel, etc, to refuel the QualityWings RJ100, and it was as per your figures, 3-4 mins so fully acceptable.

Live and learn.

mjl1966

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2023, 02:38:24 am »
Umberto - what do we need to do to get the cool animation?  Fueling procedure works fine in terms of timing.  I get the little Texaco truck, the red digital gauge increments while it's refueling.  All very cool, but nobody gets out of the truck or hooks up hose or anything.

I have GSX 2...  what am I missing to get the animations?

TheCaptain3618

• TheCaptain3618
    • Google
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2023, 03:11:21 am »
Do you have GSX Level 2 Expansion installed?
TheCaptain3618

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2023, 06:14:30 pm »
Umberto - what do we need to do to get the cool animation? 

The airplane refueling point under the wing must be higher than 3.40 meters from ground.

mjl1966

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2023, 12:41:02 am »
Do you have GSX Level 2 Expansion installed?

I believe so.

mjl1966

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2023, 12:50:59 am »
Umberto - what do we need to do to get the cool animation? 

The airplane refueling point under the wing must be higher than 3.40 meters from ground.

Here is what it looks like in the editor.   (attached)

mjl1966

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2023, 06:07:31 am »
Yes, no, maybe, we don't care? 

GSX2 confirmed.
Fuel position is over 4m off the ground.
No animation...