Author Topic: No Terminals after updating  (Read 3455 times)

Papagiorgio

No Terminals after updating
« on: April 30, 2020, 06:29:37 pm »
Updated the with the new installer, using P3D 4.5. and no terminals just gates.  When first loading, it states trial period is starting.  I checked withe addon manager it it says product is registered and active. Tried to uninstall / reinstall, same thing, no terminals,

Papagiorgio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Terminals after updating
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 03:44:18 pm »
With "no terminals", you mean ALL terminals, or just Terminal B and C are missing ? Because, only those two are supposed to miss if you have a problem ( usual antivirus ) if the software didn't start for some reason. All the rest of the airport will always work, even with no Addon Manager installer or running.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 03:46:04 pm by virtuali »

Papagiorgio

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 05:52:07 pm »
No terminals and no cargo facilities. the cargo buildings are flat. the textures on runways are not great either.

Papagiorgio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 05:58:40 pm »
No terminals and no cargo facilities. the cargo buildings are flat. the textures on runways are not great either.

Then the problem doesn't have anything to do with the updater, the software or the antivirus. As I've said, the whole scenery except Terminal C and B are entirely independent of the software, and they will always work, regardless of the trial, activation, etc. even if the software is not even installed.

So, it seems you haven't even installed KORD V2. Is the Addon Manager reporting the scenery as installed ?

Papagiorgio

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 11:09:14 pm »
Sorry for the late response , I've been away.  Terminals B, H, K, L, and all the cargo buildings are missing. Plus the textures are not rich.  The Addon Manager shows that it is installed and active.  When I reinstalled, I uninstalled it from Programs and Features, when asked if I wanted to remove Addon Manager, I selected no.

Papagiorgio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 11:37:12 pm »
Terminals B, H, K, L, and all the cargo buildings are missing. Plus the textures are not rich. 

Those are not even dependent on the software installation, they should always work, because they are in a plain .BGL file so, it really seems you have an installation problem, have you used a 3rd party utility to manage the add-on.xml ? If yes, try this:

- Remove O'hare V2 from it, all copies, if you have more than one.

- Reinstall O'Hare V2 using the latest installer, and don't use any utility to change the add-on.xml files, just try to run the sim with the scenery as installed.

Papagiorgio

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2020, 05:07:50 pm »
Thanks, that fixed it, everything is ok now.

Papagiorgio