Author Topic: Odd ground textures & elevation issue **SOLVED**  (Read 11493 times)

bhorv67

Odd ground textures & elevation issue **SOLVED**
« on: April 30, 2020, 03:27:18 pm »
Fairly certain ORBX vector is causing this problem, but I can't find a way to fix it. I've tried running the AEC tool, which does nothing to help. There's what appears to be a layer of grey on the ground about 18" on top of the ground layer. All the GSX vehicles and planes are sunk into the ground.
KIAH doesn't appear in either the enable or disable elevation correction columns of Orbx AEC, so I'm not able to change how the AEC is applied.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 11:49:23 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Odd ground textures & elevation issue
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 04:33:08 pm »
We don't use OrbX, so there's not much help you can get here but, about KLAX, OrbX has a specific fix on their forum and, we know from other users report, that "just" using the AEC utility might not be enough, you must also set the layer ordering correctly from the OrbX program.

bhorv67

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 04:38:19 pm »
I get that you don't use or are involved with ORBX, I was just offering a thought at what could be the cause of this issue.
In the case of KLAX, Orbx users that have their Socal region are able to disable the airports in that area (KLAX) which would conflict with other devs versions. That wouldn't work with KIAH.

Any suggestions how to correct this? The stacking order should be correct, all Orbx are below any other airports including all FSDT.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 02:38:19 pm »
That wouldn't work with KIAH. Any suggestions how to correct this? The stacking order should be correct, all Orbx are below any other airports including all FSDT.

As I've said, if you think KIAH has been set correctly in the AEC utility and the layering ordering is correct, since OrbX had to make a fix for KLAX, if that is not enough for KIAH, they might have to do a similar fix for KIAH.

bhorv67

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 09:00:26 pm »
Got this sorted.
Seems Orbx Vector had to be 'verified' several times to get all the files in place. Their new manager has issues.