Author Topic: Remember to operate Jetways  (Read 9021 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Remember to operate Jetways
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2020, 11:04:45 pm »
But have i to do this for each Airport or is there a Way to do that for all Airports in one step?

Sorry, but that's really not possible.

The first and foremost design choice we made was: DO NOT TOUCH OTHER DEVELOPER'S SCENERIES AUTOMATICALLY. It was easier and safe to do with default jetways on default airports, but doing that for all your installer airports would be a nightmare and I, as a developer, would be rightfully upset if another developer was messing with my files automatically.

So no, it must be you doing the changes, when required and, most importantly, all changes are completely reversible, because no files of the original scenery are touched.

Also i can not customice the Jetways, see pictures.

Of course you can't, that gate already has a SODE jetway, which indicated by the "SODE XML" label, meaning a SODE jetway that is provided by a 3rd party scenery and is added with its own SODE XML file, which stays in the SODE folder.

Those jetways cannot be Excluded with a standard Exclude .BGL and, in spirit of not touching other dev files (again), if an airport already has SODE jetways, we assume they were made with care and you couldn't improve them any further with GSX L2, which of course still integrates with them, since you can control those from GSX and GSX L2 passengers will use them.

If you *really* want to change those too, you can remove their SODE .XML file in the %PROGRAMDATA%\12bpilot\SODE\XML ( or SDX ) folder, but you must be careful with that, because that scenery might use SODE for other things other than jetways, so if you just remove that file, that airport might have problems so, ideally, you should edit out JUST the jetways from the XML file.

That's why we don't try to do that automatically, and prefer to leave them as they are.

torsten

Re: Remember to operate Jetways
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2020, 03:53:09 pm »
Ahh ok, thanks