Author Topic: Remember to operate Jetways  (Read 9072 times)

torsten

Remember to operate Jetways
« on: April 26, 2020, 08:14:51 pm »
Hello,

today i arrived in EDDK Gate C3.
After requesting Debording the GSX Text in the green Band on top say anything like "Remember to operate Jetways..".
Ok, i called the GSX Menu again and under number 6 (see picture ) i found "operating jetways requested, wait for other service to complete"
After the PAX are deboarded, the Jetway is connected by GSX ...

What sense makes that ??

T
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 08:17:59 pm by torsten »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Remember to operate Jetways
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 11:12:43 am »
"Rember to operate jetways" it's a message that indicates a default CTRL+J jetway is there, instead of a SODE jetway.

torsten

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 02:55:26 am »
Can a "default" jetway not be operated by GSX ?

If not...why is GSX connecting the same jetway AFTER the Pax are unloaded?

(Btw...it is a SODE Jetway)

T

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 08:57:22 am »
Can a "default" jetway not be operated by GSX ?

That's exactly what the "Remember" message means. It remembers you to operate the jetway, because it's not doing itself.

(Btw...it is a SODE Jetway)

It's not, otherwise you wouldn't have seen that message but, instead, the normal menu that appears when a SODE jetway is present.

Of course, fact you SEE what you think it's a SODE jetway, doesn't necessarily mean GSX will see a SODE jetway as well, because you might have a conflicting AFCAD which DOES have a standard jetway, so if that one is in use, GSX will use that. As usual, the GSX parking customization page will come to help, naming the AFCAD in use, so you can have an idea what is causing the conflict.

torsten

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 01:23:46 pm »
I put me again to Gate C3 in EDDK.
Then i call the GSX Menu and then Operate Jetways, then GSX ask for the Operator and then the Jetway was connected.

So it is a SODE Jetway, which can be operated by GSX.
See Screenshots.

I can also do a Video if you need it to beleave me.

T

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 01:29:16 pm »
Then i call the GSX Menu and then Operate Jetways, then GSX ask for the Operator and then the Jetway was connected.

In your first post, you said GSX said "Remember to operate Jetways..", THAT'S why I said it's not a SODE jetway. Now, in this last sentence, you don't say that, and none of your screenshots shows that message so, it's not clear if it's still happening or not.

Apart for that message, the presence of a SODE jetway is also indicated in the GSX menu by the /JS suffix, opposite to a /J that indicates a standard jetway.

If it IS a SODE jetway, then it's perfectly normal GSX can connect it so, I don't even fully understand what you are reporting or asking. Please clarify.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 01:32:35 pm by virtuali »

torsten

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2020, 06:04:50 pm »
I had a look in the GSX Setup for the Gate and there is only a /J for Gate C3 ( and all other )

But i dont understand exactly... GSX can control this Jetway when i call the Menu and then Operate Jetways, but whenever i call the GSX Menu and then Boarding
or Deboarding, GSX brings the Message .. ( Remember to operate the Jetway ) ...

T
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 06:07:52 pm by torsten »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2020, 09:30:24 am »
Which EDDK scenery is that. The /J in your screenshot is indicating that it isn't a SODE jetway since a SODE jetway would show up as /JS instead.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2020, 09:46:28 am »
But i dont understand exactly... GSX can control this Jetway when i call the Menu and then Operate Jetways, but whenever i call the GSX Menu and then Boarding or Deboarding, GSX brings the Message .. ( Remember to operate the Jetway ) ...

That's how has always  been. When you select operate on a STANDARD, it just sends a CTRL+J, because *you* decided to operate the jetway. During Boarding/Deboarding, the jetway is not automatically operated.

There's an "historical" reason for that, and it dates back to the early days of GSX, when lots of people used AES after having spent lots of credits on their favorite airports to add AES jetways, so they only used GSX for boarding and that message reminded users to operate a jetway, regardless of the kind of jetway used (it could have been either default or AES ).

Of course, nowadays GSX is more complete and it comes with its own jetways, and less and less sceneries use default jetways, and those that still do, can be enhanced with GSX L2 SODE jetways, which is the whole point of GSX L2.

torsten

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2020, 08:08:13 pm »
But i dont understand exactly... GSX can control this Jetway when i call the Menu and then Operate Jetways, but whenever i call the GSX Menu and then Boarding or Deboarding, GSX brings the Message .. ( Remember to operate the Jetway ) ...

That's how has always  been. When you select operate on a STANDARD, it just sends a CTRL+J, because *you* decided to operate the jetway. During Boarding/Deboarding, the jetway is not automatically operated.

There's an "historical" reason for that, and it dates back to the early days of GSX, when lots of people used AES after having spent lots of credits on their favorite airports to add AES jetways, so they only used GSX for boarding and that message reminded users to operate a jetway, regardless of the kind of jetway used (it could have been either default or AES ).

Of course, nowadays GSX is more complete and it comes with its own jetways, and less and less sceneries use default jetways, and those that still do, can be enhanced with GSX L2 SODE jetways, which is the whole point of GSX L2.

can be enhanced with GSX L2 SODE jetways ?

I started GSX Control Panel ( sim closed ), but there i can do nothing. How to enhance a scenry with GSX Jetways ??

Beat578

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2020, 07:10:53 am »
Hi Torsten
If your lucky, there is already a file on inibuilds or over at cartayna files on facebook or here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/board,50.0.html in the scenery and aircraft config section. Or you can do it yourself with the included editor. No matter wich way you choose, i strongly suggest to read the manual first, it's all explained there and you need a certain understanding of the system to use the already created ones as well. There is also a tutorial over at the same forum.
Regards Beat LSZH
Beat578

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2020, 09:56:07 pm »
I started GSX Control Panel ( sim closed ), but there i can do nothing. How to enhance a scenry with GSX Jetways ??

I cannot possibly know because in the image you posted, you cut the bottom part of the GSX Control Panel dialog window, the one that has a big blue button which says "waiting to close sim...".

torsten

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2020, 10:47:57 pm »
i attahed a new one, i thought the bottom of the window is not important.

@Beat578: I tried this files some time ago for Leipzig. Here are completely wrong Parking Systems set up in these files.

Torsten

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2020, 01:23:17 am »
i attahed a new one, i thought the bottom of the window is not important.

Now your problem is that you don't have any Exclude .XML to compile. I suggest reading the manual, page 39, which clearly indicate what to do. It starts with:

Click the checkmark on the “Jetway Exclude Radius”, to flag this parking to have its Jetway excluded.

In order to create an Exclude XML ( which will be then compiled by the GSX Control Panel ), you must tell GSX to Exclude at least ONE jetway, and this is done by enabling that checkmark, which tells GSX you want to exclude a jetway on that particular parking ( maybe you don't want to remove *all* jetways ).

If no checkmarks are set for that scenery, no Exclude XML is created for that airport, so the GSX control panel will not do anything.

Video tutorial here, to exclude all jetways at the same time:

As you can see at time index 0:21, the moment you press "Apply", a new Exclude XML for that airport is created, and it's RED because the resulting .BGL hasn't been compiled yet.

When you exit the sim and Compile it, it will turn CYAN, indicating the last compiled .BGL is updated to the last created .XML. If you go back to the sim and make other changes, and press Apply again, the name will turn ORANGE, which means there IS an Exclude .BGL, but is outdated, because your made changes and now the .XML file is newer than the .BGL, so you need to Compile it again, which will turn it back to CYAN, which means .BGL is now updated and in sync with the latest XML.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 01:30:50 am by virtuali »

torsten

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2020, 10:48:15 pm »
Hello,

i did that and it works.
But have i to do this for each Airport or is there a Way to do that for all Airports in one step?

Also i can not customice the Jetways, see pictures.

T