Author Topic: "Reverse" pushback at russian locations  (Read 1889 times)

Elmeon

"Reverse" pushback at russian locations
« on: April 25, 2020, 09:16:19 pm »
Hi everyone,

I would like to know if, within the current limitations of the software of course, it is possible to create a custom pushback were at the arrival in russian airport requiring this procedure, the aircraft will stop on the taxiway and then pushed tail forward in the parking.
Thanks for the answer!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: "Reverse" pushback at russian locations
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 11:51:03 am »
GSX pushback doesn't pull the airplane ( it's planned for a future update ) but, if you could make a proper example, I might tell you how to create a custom using the current method.

Elmeon

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 10:08:16 pm »
Basically you have to stop the plane on the taxiway near the parking, switch off the engines and call the pushback truck tu push you in the parking stand; is that possibile?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 09:11:34 am »
Basically you have to stop the plane on the taxiway near the parking, switch off the engines and call the pushback truck tu push you in the parking stand; is that possibile?

Ok, that's call push-in, and I assure you it's not a "Russian" procedure, it's used all the time in very cramped airports, like KLAX. Same as before, it's just a basic variation of pull. This has been discussed so many times on the forum, right now GSX doesn't have any pull ability but, when it will, ALL these will be possible, and easy to do:

- Push to the gate

- More complex pushback with section in reverse

- Gate to Gate push

- Gate to hangar and hangar to gate.