Author Topic: P3d V4.5 need full installer?  (Read 2826 times)

glc100o

P3d V4.5 need full installer?
« on: April 24, 2020, 11:12:52 pm »
I am not using P3d V5. Just P3d v4.5 When I ran live update today,  I caught buried in the updating script that KORD v2 will not be able to be updated with live updater anymore unless I download the full installer for KORD, and reinstall it.  Just want to confirm if that is true, as I had never seen that before or here on the forums.

For us folks not migrating to P3dV5 I assume we can continue otherwise to just use live update as usual to keep our v4.5 products up-to-date?

Thanks,

Greg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3d V4.5 need full installer?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 11:25:25 pm »
Of course you'll continue to be able to update everything with the Live Updater but, in this case, we HAD to force to run the latest installer, because we made some changes in KORD V2 which require to have different files installed for V4 and V5, and create a different add-on.xml even for P3D V4, even if V4 is the only sim used.

The Live Update is not made to create or modify the add-on.xml, is only supposed to update files, since the add-on.xml creation is dealt by the installer, so there were any need for the Live Updater to ever do that.

So, to prevent you for just running the Live Update, and found out your KORD V2 stopped to work, because we moved a file in a different folder which your sim couldn't see until your add-on.xml was updated too, the only possible choice was to just write a message that, in order to continue with the updates, you must run the installer again.

Of course, now that you ran the new installer, the Live Update can continue to keep the scenery updated, as usual.

It's not as if every day a new version of the simulator comes out, and in this case, we took the chance to make an upgrade to KORD V2, using a new feature which is available in P3D V5 only, which are photoreal background in PBR, which are not possible with V4. That's why we had to split the scenery in two, since the photoreal background .BGL is compiled with the V5 SDK, so it cannot be used by V4.

stoneman101

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 02:22:34 pm »
I tried to reinstall KORD v2 for P3D 4.5 with hotfix3 for the new installer so I could get updates thru "live updater" and I now get this:

Please Uninstall O"HareX (2011) first using the windows control panel.

I looked and that version is not available to uninstall through the control panel, I did find a file in programs(x86)/addonmanager/fsdreamteam for OHareX and deleted it.
I still cannot install the new version, ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Stoneman101

Update:  I just ran the updater and it reloaded of the OhareX files back into the addonmanager files in (x86).  Still can't uninstall OHareX
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 02:37:08 pm by stoneman101 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 12:05:07 pm »
I did find a file in programs(x86)/addonmanager/fsdreamteam for OHareX and deleted it.

You still have files to remove, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,22547.msg152293.html#msg152293