Author Topic: Texture Problems Urgent  (Read 6626 times)

Emirates

Texture Problems Urgent
« on: November 18, 2009, 04:53:03 pm »
All FSDT products are great but sadly I got some problems.
I know that a lot of users have the same problems and already mentioned it but i cant solve it.
I also had blurry gras, etc. and I downloaded the 'black' Texture file but after i copied it into the Texture folder and now
nearly the complete ground of JFK is black please check the pictures. I hope you can help me.

See here the Pictures:

I hope someone can help me Thanks so much in advance!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Texture Problems Urgent
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 07:28:49 pm »
I downloaded the 'black' Texture file but after i copied it into the Texture folder and now nearly the complete ground of JFK is black please check the pictures. I hope you can help me.

?? What is the "black" texture ?

Emirates

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 08:59:50 pm »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 09:08:29 pm »
It is that file: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/JFK_det_01.bmp

It's not a "black" texture. It's a replacement detail texture that has a different asphalt design and an alpha channel. I've downloaded it again and checked it in FS9, to be sure the file is correct, and it works just fine.

You must have either a corrupted download, or a corrupted file in your disk. Check the file is 1.33 MB in size. You can also try to:

- Clear your browser cache

- Download the file again.

Emirates

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 09:44:41 pm »
Okay i tried it again and it works.
GREAT! Graphic is nice but the grass is still very unclear please look at the picture

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 09:54:00 pm »
Okay i tried it again and it works.
GREAT! Graphic is nice but the grass is still very unclear please look at the picture

You probably haven't followed the discussion about the textures: this detail texture will ONLY improve the look of the asphalt, because in the original scenery, the concrete had a much better detail than asphalt so, some people tought concrete was of an higher resolution compared to asphalt, when instead the resolution it's the same, just the asphalt detail texture wasn't as good as the concrete one. This replacement texture fix THIS issue, and only this one.

Nothing has been said about that texture improving the grass, which doesn't have any detail texture to begin with so, it's only using the photoreal background, meaning it will always appear having a lower resolution than the aprons, particularly if you used the texture resized, which is needed in FS9 because it can't cope with the higher amount of data, that was designed to be used in FSX. I'm sorry, but the grass in FS9 will remain like that.

Emirates

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 01:23:59 pm »
ok no problem but mayn thanks for your help! :)