Author Topic: Underground Road traffic visible through scenery  (Read 3669 times)

Brittanix

Underground Road traffic visible through scenery
« on: April 20, 2020, 10:20:04 pm »
This has been bugging me for a long time, and I would be really suprised if I'm the only one with this issue.
There seems to be underground roads and road traffic shimmering through the LFSB scenery, in the car park area along the taxi way.

I have taken three screenshots showing where this issue can be found and what it looks like with day and night effects. Within the red circle (night shot) you can see the red lights of the moving cars.

The third screenshot demonstrates what happens if I move the aircraft to that area. It takes a deep drop into an underground world with roads and road traffic, underneath the car park area.
I have Orbx (Global and GES) installed and I know many others do too. This occurs with and without GES installed. It also occurs in both P3D4 and P3D5.

I have tried numerous new-installs (including a couple of new Win installs), disabling Orbx LFSB files, have all the correct layers and elevations set, but this problem won't go away.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 10:24:06 pm by Brittanix »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Underground Road traffic visible through scenery
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 04:25:29 pm »
Nothing you reported is a problem or a bug. Over the underpass, it's normal you'll see some objects shining through, since the P3D graphic engine doesn't really support tunnels they are mostly faked, and will always show this kind of problems in a way or the other.

The problem in your 3rd screenshot is not a problem either: you are not supposed to go there with the airplane and, for the precise reason to allow SOME kind of multi-level simulation ( the airport does have multiple levels, including a parking area on an higher level than the mesh around it ), it's hollow in some areas which are, of course, all areas you'll never go to.

Brittanix

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 10:08:55 pm »
Thank you for your answer. So this is something that everyone should be seeing?

Brittanix

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 10:14:07 pm »
I only just noticed that this question was asked by someone else but left unanswered. So sorry for the double topic.
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,22901.0.html