Author Topic: No Jetways in KLAX_v2 P3Dv4.5  (Read 4150 times)

UTF

No Jetways in KLAX_v2 P3Dv4.5
« on: April 20, 2020, 07:34:06 am »
I am running KLAX_v2 with P3Dv4.5 and I can't see any jetways.
I read a few posts dealing with missing jetways and I am pretty confused. This situation is deemed to be normal. I can't believe this and would appreciate a clarification.
Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Jetways in KLAX_v2 P3Dv4.5
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 11:03:18 am »
Jetways surely work here. KLAX uses GSX/SODE jetways so, in order to see them, you must install GSX L2 ( which of course is free to use here ). The KLAX installer will tell you that, otherwise it won't proceed.

UTF

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 05:12:39 am »
Hi Umberto,
Thanks for your quick reply!
Off course I have GSX_L2 installed!
Nevertheless I uninstalled and reinstalled all of your airports and also GSX2, result: Situation unchanged. Then I realized that I have even worse problems with ALL your airports. They are incompatible with ORBX, even without ORBX Vector installed. I found out that compatibility problems between FSDT and ORBX are widespread. Holger Sandman (he was in touch with you a few years ago) developed some workarounds, which only solve some problems for some airports. Conclusion for me: I give up and grudgingly throw out all your airports.
BTW I have a nice collection of ugly airport screenshots, if you want to see a sample, I can send it to you.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 08:29:36 am »
 ORBX and FSDT airports work just fine together and always have, you just have to understand the file structure of the sim. Vector also isn't an issue and works great as well when it's configured properly. Check the ORBX Compatibility forums for all of the fixes, they do work.

UTF

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 11:18:10 am »
Hi Dave,
I think I understand the file structure of the sim, all my third party sceneries including my FSDT sceneries sit atop the ORBX Library.
I know Holger Sandman's incompitibility indexes. I made the changes he proposes for KLAX and my problems still persist. I have no problems whatsoever with other assorted third party airports. Now what?

UTF

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 11:36:27 am »
Hi Dave or Umberto,
Here I go again.
I have an entry "FsDreamteam Exclude" which sits below the entry for all my FsDreamteam airports. Is this correct?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2020, 01:48:30 pm »
It's not that our airports are not "compatible" with OrbX. It's OrbX which causes lots of problems with MANY airports, not just ours. Here's a video showing a NON-FSDT airport showing a problem with OrbX vector, which also explains a way to fix it:

However, this is usually related to elevation problems. But you reported a problem with missing jetways, are you still asking about this because, it doesn't seem so, considering your "I realized that I have even worse problems with ALL your airports". Which problems ? Elevation problems ? See the video above.

I'm sorry, but you are approaching the problem in the wrong way. Our airports are fully compatible with the simulator. If you install something from a 3rd party, and they stop working, the problem is that other add-on because, when you install an add-on, it's that add-on responsibility to be sure it doesn't cause problems that won't normally happen without it.

That's why it's OrbX that is supposed to fix problems caused to airports. And in fact, THEY DO. They MADE fixes to solve problems they cause to several of our airports, like KLAX or KLAS, and you can downloaded them on their forum, but regardless of the fix, you are also supposed to set the Scenery Library ordering correct, if you use OrbX. What they call "insertion points". I'm sorry for not being more specific but:

- This is not really the place to discuss how to properly setup a non-FSDT product. Would you go to OrbX, if installing GSX caused a problem on one of their airports ? I guess no, so it goes both ways...

- We know from many users reports that, once you install the fixes and configure the OrbX utilities correctly, there are no problems using them together.

But again, this is only if you are now reporting ELEVATION problems. Missing jetways are entirely different, and they are likely caused by another kind of scenery conflict.

First, check the name of the AFCAD used by GSX in the parking customization page. It must the the one in the Fsdreamteam folder. If it's not, the name might give you an idea of the conflict file.

If the AFCAD is the right one, check you don't have a customization file for GSX you made a while ago, before we added SODE jetways. If you have a GSX .INI file in %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX for KLAX, remove it, so the one we supply with the scenery will be used.