Author Topic: FS9 Automatic crash help  (Read 31085 times)

laetus

FS9 Automatic crash help
« on: April 19, 2020, 08:46:11 pm »
hello, I have previously installed new York, dallas, Chicago and los angeles without incident but after installing Honolulu and Hawaiian airports v1,fs9 opens to the title screen for about 3-5 seconds and closes without a crash warning or anything, I had updated the addon manager to the most recent version before installation and do not run any antivirus software. I am unable to reinstall anything without causing this same crash now :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FS9 Automatic crash help
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 11:41:16 am »
You don't say anything about your system ( especially the OS used ) but, in general, you must be sure:

- the antivirus is configured to exclude the whole FS9 folder

- the firewall is not blocking the download and the installation

- the updated Addon Manager for FS9 MUST be the LAST thing you install. If you need to reinstall another scenery, you must reinstall the updated Addon Manager again.

laetus

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 04:06:39 am »
using windows 10 64bit and fs9.1, I have also gone into windows antivirus and excluded the fs9 install folder and had no issues until I installed the Hawaii sceneries

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 04:08:12 pm »
had no issues until I installed the Hawaii sceneries

As I've said, you must install the latest Addon Manager for FS9 *AFTER* you install any scenery, since the scenery installers hasn't been updated in years, and they surely won't work now that Esellerate has closed.

laetus

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 05:31:30 pm »
i have done this and have now tried uninstalling and reinstalling other sceneries and run into the same issue even after installing the update manager v1.9.0 after reinstallations. would uninstalling and reinstalling all the sceneries then installing addon manager be a possible fix?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 02:14:10 pm »
As I've said, the only thing you must be sure, is the updated Addon Manager for FS9 is installed last. The problem might be related to:

- Using an outdated OS. We cannot guarantee anything older than Windows 8.1 will work. It *might* work with Windows 7, but we don't test it anymore, since it's completely unsupported by Microsoft since January.

- Not having updated the OS. Even if ( by pure chance ) the software might still work on Windows 7, you still need the latest updates ( which Microsoft won't release anymore ). I believe .NET 4.5.2 is the minimum version required.

soft.creator

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2020, 01:47:58 pm »
i have done this and have now tried uninstalling and reinstalling other sceneries and run into the same issue even after installing the update manager v1.9.0 after reinstallations. would uninstalling and reinstalling all the sceneries then installing addon manager be a possible fix?

Hello, I recently faced exactly the same issue. The problem was in bglman_fbeam.dat file of zero length in FS Modules\ folder. I've deleted it and everything worked like charm.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2020, 12:42:22 pm »
Hello, I recently faced exactly the same issue. The problem was in bglman_fbeam.dat file of zero length in FS Modules\ folder. I've deleted it and everything worked like charm.

That's why you should always run the updated Addon manager for FS9 last: it removes those extra files which are not needed anymore and would have been created by older installers. The latest version surely does that, and has been online since May 7th, it's 1.9.2