Author Topic: KLAX P3Dv5 bug  (Read 21382 times)

Tom340

KLAX P3Dv5 bug
« on: April 18, 2020, 05:32:40 pm »
Hi, I think I found a bug on this scenery when you almost fly over the runway 25L thresold.... You can see the floating highway!

james008

Re: KLAX P3Dv5 bug
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 06:06:36 pm »
Hi, I think I found a bug on this scenery when you almost fly over the runway 25L thresold.... You can see the floating highway!

Same here. The highway "takes-off" and "lands" back again on the ground depending on your position and where are you looking for

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 01:25:49 pm »
Tried that, but I cannot reproduce it:

Have you done a similar kind of approach ? I tried rotating the view a bit, but can't see the problem.

Tom340

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 04:14:09 pm »
Tried that, but I cannot reproduce it:

Have you done a similar kind of approach ? I tried rotating the view a bit, but can't see the problem.

Hi Umberto, may I ask you what are your mesh resolution settings? By the way, I have also installed ORBX Global Base and OpenLC North America....

airbadger

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2020, 10:53:55 pm »

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2020, 09:46:30 am »
I remember seeing that before as well, but haven't since updating to the most recent 5.1 HF1.

airbadger

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2020, 02:19:43 pm »
I remember seeing that before as well, but haven't since updating to the most recent 5.1 HF1.

I'm on 5.1/HF1 as well

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2020, 08:28:12 am »
As I've said, I'm not able to reproduce it:

airbadger

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2020, 08:16:50 pm »
As I've said, I'm not able to reproduce it:

Do you have any suggestions on where I can start to try reproducing it myself? What settings, scenery conflicts, etc. could be causing this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2020, 09:40:46 am »
You might start with resetting your shaders, by removing this folder:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v5\Shaders

They will be recreated on the next startup, sometimes it fixes graphic issues. If that doesn't fix it, you might try resetting all your settings to default, by running the "Delete Generated Files" command in the P3D root.

This will reset all settings to default, so you'll likely see many questions about re-enabling your add-ons on the next start, at least the ones with their add-on.xml in the Documents folders, but you might have to reinstall\reconfigure those that don't or don't even use the add-on.xml method at all.

hornet5

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2021, 03:59:52 am »
I'm also having the same issue. A popular youtuber (The Flight Simmer) has encountered it as well. I think FSDT should look more into it at this point.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2021, 12:29:48 pm »
I'm also having the same issue. A popular youtuber (The Flight Simmer) has encountered it as well. I think FSDT should look more into it at this point.

That only means both you and that popular youtuber must have the same problem, which cannot be replicated on a clean install, which is the only possible way to know for sure if the scenery itself has a problem, or it's something else that has been installed that is causing it, or some non-standard tweak, or anything else that is not related to the scenery.

I already indicated two different solutions:

- resetting the shaders

- temporarily disable every add-on, and see if the problem happens with nothing else installed, and re-enable them one by one, until you find the conflict.

Westcoastpilot

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2021, 12:20:21 am »

That only means both you and that popular youtuber must have the same problem

Actually I'm having the same problem on a fresh install of P3Dv5 as well.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2021, 06:04:11 pm »
Actually I'm having the same problem on a fresh install of P3Dv5 as well.

As I've said, I cannot reproduce it ( and I posted a video about it), there must be something different, maybe in your graphic settings, tweaks, etc. If you could post your graphic setting in P3D 5 ( which version *exactly* ), I might try to reproduce it with those.

bwbriscoe

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2021, 09:34:31 pm »
I am also having this issue. Definitely a FSDT problem. See attached images below.

https://imgur.com/SzViEuW
https://imgur.com/WyKtjBU