Author Topic: V5 elevation issue  (Read 48547 times)

Breeze74

Re: FSX elevation issue
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2021, 10:58:38 pm »
Thank you for posting this fix. It fixed the elevation issue for me in FSX. I thought it was an Orbx Vector issue, but it wasn't. This did it!! I really appreciate it. I enjoy all the FSDT scenery and still enjoy FSX for commercial airline simulation. Thanks again!

u719826

Re: V5 elevation issue
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2021, 12:42:47 pm »
This is still a problem for me in FSX , the apron and taxiways are fine but as soon as I taxi onto either runway the aircraft sinks and disappears under ground
making the airport unusable...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2021, 02:00:12 am »
This is still a problem for me in FSX , the apron and taxiways are fine but as soon as I taxi onto either runway the aircraft sinks and disappears under ground
making the airport unusable...

Please check my last message, which has a fix specific for FSX.

u719826

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2021, 02:23:04 pm »
I have applied your fix but as I have stated it doesn't work, as soon as I taxi onto either runway the aircraft disappears underground.....
also if this a new fix why is the AFX file dated 2015 and the CVX file dated 2012?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 02:25:45 pm by u719826 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2021, 10:40:35 am »
if this a new fix why is the AFX file dated 2015 and the CVX file dated 2012?

That's previsely why that fix works, if you use FSX. It's not a "new" fix, is the file as it always was in FSX, for years.

So, maybe, your problem is elsewhere, for example some 3rd party scenery that changed the elevation, like something from OrbX, whihc must be treated properly to exclude KFLL.

glw03

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2021, 03:27:10 pm »
Has there ever been a fix?  I have the same issue, entire airport is "sunk" down

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2021, 11:08:10 am »
Has there ever been a fix?  I have the same issue, entire airport is "sunk" down

It's not possible to reply to your question, without knowing which simulator you use.

This thread is about P3D V5 so, assuming you didn't enter into it with an FSX problem, if you read the previous messages, you would have known the fix for P3D V5 has been released a while ago on FSDT Live Update.

If, instead, you entered as an FSX user in a V5-specific thread, if you read the previous messages, you would have known the P3D V5 fix doens't work on FSX, and requires reverting to the previous version of the files, which has been posted eariler in this very thread.

And if you read my last reply, you would have known that, if you still have elevation issues, regardless of the sim, they might also be caused by another scenery, usually OrbX stuf that is known to cause elevation issues to airports, and sometimes come with fixes to undo the damage they did, or have specific utilities to exclude some airports for being affected by their product.

u719826

« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2021, 03:04:04 pm »
For me, in FSX the elevation problem has been solved by disabling the AFX_KFLL_ALT.bgl in Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery (changed to .off).
I also use ORBX Vector which uses ABP_KFLL.bgl in Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery,  Airport and runways now display correctly.

trisho0

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2022, 06:37:25 pm »
I reinstalled KFLL in P3Dv5.3 and I can see elevations problem. Any solution to get resolved the elevation? I ran LiveUpdate and not success yet.
Regards,
Patricio Valdes

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2022, 11:28:52 am »
I reinstalled KFLL in P3Dv5.3 and I can see elevations problem. Any solution to get resolved the elevation? I ran LiveUpdate and not success yet.

I can only repeat and confirm, if there are no OTHER products in conflict, there are no elevation issues at KFLL in P3D V5, it's just FSX users that need to download a separate file, because we fix we made for P3D V5 is not compatible with FSX.

As you can see from the previous post, his problem was caused by Orbx Vector, and it was fixed by removing the file related to KFLL from it.

Kalorien

• It is what it is
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2022, 11:35:54 am »
I merged all the threads about this and:

- The P3D version has already been fixed weeks ago, by running the FSDT Live Update

- The fix is NOT compatible with FSX. To use it in FSX, download this file:

http://www.virtualisoftware.com/update/FSDT_KFLL_FSX_fix.zip

uncompress it in the Addon Manager\fsdreamteam\KFLL\scenery folder, overwriting the two files with the same name there are already there. If later on you run the FSDT Live Update, and it will suggest to update the KFLL AFCAD, always reply No.

Would you please reactivate the download of the fix.
Thank you

I downloaded the file with another browser, but it did not fix the problem. sinking Runway KFLL 1 shows the Ultralight far below the runway. sinking Runway KFLL 2 shows the Ultralight next to the runway.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 12:05:14 pm by virtuali »

Kalorien

• It is what it is
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2022, 05:42:05 pm »
Hey Umberto, you should make this as a sticky for FSX users

I did reinstall KFLL...updated KFLL....

Have you even read the post I've linked with the solution ? It didn't say anything about "reinstalling" and "updating", jt just said to remove your custom GSX profile.

.as I taxi on to the runway..either one...the aircrafts falls and dissappears...

That's precisely because you reinstalled ( more precisely, because you updated ). As explained in the first post I linked for you, the one explaining how to download the FSX version of the AFCAD, the AFCAD which is online now works only for P3D, if you use FSX you MUST use the old AFCAD, the one in that post. If you update with the online updater, it will revert to the P3D version, that's why the elevation now doesn't work.

Now, if you see double jetways with the FSX AFCAD, it's because the FSX AFCAD it's an old version, which contains the original custom jetways for KFLL ( not SODE ), while the P3D version doesn't have any jetways, because they come with GSX.

This means, with FSX, you must remove the GSX profile BOTH in your %APPDATA%\folder, but ALSO in the Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\KFLL\Scenery folder because, again, just like the updated online AFCAD is for P3D, the accompanying GSX custom profile is made for it so, you can't use it in FSX, otherwise you'll see double jetways.

So, use the FSX AFCAD ( the one linked before ) and remove all GSX profiles, so the scenery will have just one set of jetways, the one it originally came with.

case closed
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 10:31:34 pm by Kalorien »

rpreciat

« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2022, 04:51:13 pm »
Are you using ORBX, Vector.... If so, you have to exclude KFLL on the Altitude Correction tab of the configuration app
It is not detected for ORBX Vector