Author Topic: Live update skipping KORD V2  (Read 3524 times)

ocndvr80

Live update skipping KORD V2
« on: April 15, 2020, 12:15:56 am »
Hi, as of today, when I run the FSDT live update, I am seeing the following message:

KORD V2 Update skipped
The latest KORD V2 Full installer must be downloadeded and installed before Live Updates for KORD V2 will work again

I've re-downloaded and run the KORD V2 installer a couple of times, still no luck. Can you advise? Thanks!

NBouc

Re: Live update skipping KORD V2
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 12:34:13 am »
 Same problem here  :-[

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 02:47:46 am »
Isn't the message clear enough ? You must download and install the latest full installer for KORD V2 which has been updated now. Until you do, the Live Update won't update it.

ocndvr80

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 04:20:16 am »
Umberto, yes, the message is quite clear. My apologies if my original message was not clear enough, but, as I stated, I have, quote, "re-downloaded and run the KORD V2 installer a couple of times".

The problem is that this re-download of the full installer and re-install has made no difference. Can you offer any additional advice? Thanks again.

Roland

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 12:02:43 pm »
Did you uninstall the previous version? I did and re-installed with the new installer and all OK

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2020, 01:43:55 pm »
I have, quote, "re-downloaded and run the KORD V2 installer a couple of times".

Sorry, but you must have downloaded and installed the previous version. To know if you have the latest version, see if it can install into P3D V5. Regardless if you have P3D V5 or not, you can still see if the installer supports it.

ocndvr80

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2020, 04:24:55 pm »
Roland, yes, before I tried to install KORD V2, I completely uninstalled the previous version first. Thanks for the suggestion.

Umberto, I did confirm again this morning that the version of the installer I was using was the latest one and, when run, I did see the option to install for Prepar3D V5 (although I am running V4.5). The installer I have been repeatedly downloading and running is the one obtained via the "Download for P3D 4/5" button at http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products.html.

In any case, after trying again this morning, things appear fine now! The only thing I did differently this time around was I deleted the files present in %HOMEPATH%\Documents\KORDV2_Installer, left from the previous attempt. Not sure if this was the cause or not, but I'm just running with it. :-)

Also, interesting info about Prepar3d V5 - I didn't even realize this version was available. I will have to check it out later, thanks.

Have a great day, and thanks again for the help!