Author Topic: DFW Low FPS, Nearly Unsable  (Read 3767 times)

xjordan32

DFW Low FPS, Nearly Unsable
« on: April 09, 2020, 01:22:51 am »
Good evening to everyone!

I have a concern regarding FSDT Dallas-Fort Worth. I am running the latest version of KDFW and Add-on Manager for a start. I use several other FSDT products, such as GSX + Lvl 2, Charlotte, and Los Angeles. The issue I am currently trying to fix and understand is as to why my frames from being at the airport, to about 5-6 miles from the airports leads to severely low FPS (6-10 FPS). I know, I know, that's very low, especially for my workhorse of a computer. Some methods I have tested have been using different texture resolutions, FXAA settings, SSAA and MSAA settings, along with turning dynamic lighting on and off, HDR lighting, shadows to all different settings. I currently am running an i7-9700k with a stable overclock of 4.5 GHz, RTX 2060 Super, MPG Z390 Gaming Edge Ac, 2666 MHz ram, getting me roughly 30-40 FPS while playing with fairly conservative settings for what my gaming rig can do, coupling it with PMDG 25-45 fps, 50-60 fps for Aerosoft aircraft; however, when I am at the airport and booted the sim into a gate at Dallas, I notice my FPS is somewhat more stable, around 25-30. Sure, not the best, but it's better. The "approach" to the airport but not from the airport causes this, and I could be entirely wrong on this, but it's just my observation.

Just to screw around with my latest test flight, I flew from KFAT to KDFW and noticed an average of 8.6 FPS from 4.7 NM until I eventually stopped on the taxiway due to such lag that I just finished the flight early. I clicked "disable" under GSX because it makes the airport "disappear" and only this gravel outline of the airport remains, and I still saw the same FPS but it occasionally spiked to a whopping 12 FPS  ::) I always have very stable and high frames at KCLT and KLAX, even using GSX Lvl 2 at all airports without a problem. FSDT KDFW has the lowest FPS on my new, good computer of all airports I've flown to in P3D for nearly 4-5 years. Any suggestions?

Thank you so much for your time,
Jordan W.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 01:24:42 am by xjordan32 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: DFW Low FPS, Nearly Unsable
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 04:37:50 pm »
I clicked "disable" under GSX because it makes the airport "disappear" and only this gravel outline of the airport remains, and I still saw the same FPS but it occasionally spiked to a whopping 12 FPS

That seems to indicate the low fps there is not caused by the airport, since you still have low fps with almost the whole airport disabled. KDFW installs using the add-on.xml method so, what happens if you just disabled it entirely, from the Options->Add-ons menu ? That's a complete temporary disabling that surely works, and it's exactly as if the airport was never installed.