Author Topic: Airplane smashing into ground 10C  (Read 2830 times)

General Aviation

Airplane smashing into ground 10C
« on: April 06, 2020, 07:15:21 am »
Flying into o’hare the other day I noticed when I was about 100-150 ft over the end of the rwy on approach the airplane just “smashed” its self into the ground like I had tail striked (witch I did not) 3 other people in my group also had the issue any ideas?
Thanks!

ROMAN78

Re: Airplane smashing into ground 10C
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 11:15:32 am »
Same thing been happening to me as well. Happened last night on long haul from PANC. Dont understand why it happens but I hope it can be fixed.

ROMAN78

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 10:42:15 pm »

General Aviation

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 03:07:40 am »
I just saw that post and I will try the fix. But why is it only happening at KORD v2 for me. No where else do I have this issue? I really hope you guys figure out a fix because I want to use my 1m Mesh!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 11:19:23 pm »
I just saw that post and I will try the fix. But why is it only happening at KORD v2 for me. No where else do I have this issue? I really hope you guys figure out a fix because I want to use my 1m Mesh!

There's nothing to fix on our side. You must understand how the mesh system works in FSX/P3D:

1) The highest resolution mesh always "wins"

AND

2) If the mesh is too high resolution, it gets artifacts caused by rounding errors, which causes "spikes" in the ground model. In addition to that, if the nominal resolution is too high, it's not even loaded all at the same time, so what is causing this problem are lower LODs of the high resh mesh that are loaded in stages before it finally settle down.

If you consider point #1, our possible "fix", to "win" against your high resolution mesh, would to create another local mesh of an even higher resolution that yours, which might seems simple enough, wasn't for point #2, which would end up making thing worse.

There's why there's a Mesh setting in the sim, and that's why you are supposed to use to to fix this conflicts.

And, I don't think your 1/mt mesh is real and not oversampled resolution. And it's likely containing noise, like real trees, vehicles, people, etc. which will end up as bumps like that.