Author Topic: P3D 4.5 HF2 App hang on exit at FSDT airports  (Read 2526 times)

p3dx3

P3D 4.5 HF2 App hang on exit at FSDT airports
« on: April 05, 2020, 08:47:32 am »
After completing my flight and quitting P3D the application hangs and crashes in the background. A prepar3d.cfg.txt file is created also a dxdiag.txt dump

This is one of the errors

Windows Error Reporting:
+++ WER0 +++:
Fault bucket 1626389110869990347, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe
P2: 1.6.6.0
P3: 5e4c0464
P4: SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe
P5: 1.6.6.0
P6: 5e4c0464
P7: c0000005
P8: 0002b424
P9:
P10:

p3dx3

Re: P3D 4.5 HF2 App hang on exit at FSDT airports
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 04:50:37 am »
Now happened at FlyTampa airport with a custom config and GSX was deboarding. I departed from this airport, without having services except pushback, departed and landed at another airport, requested deboarding, boarding, and pushback. Now come back and landed, requested deboarding and in the middle of deboarding quit p3d. P3D hangs taking longer to quit, a prepar3d.cfg.txt is created and dxdiag.txt with the same errors.

p3dx3

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 05:19:17 am »
It is confusing. I loaded back into p3d in a default airplane at one of the problem airports and then quit, requesting no gsx services, and I did not crash. The first time I posted I was not using any jetways so I did not at first blame SODE. Today I used a jetway once at my destination airport and returned requesting gsx services at a remote stand. I feel this is a GSX issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 10:47:16 pm »
SODE crashed so, you should check its own error log, which might indicate something about the problem.

p3dx3

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 01:58:41 am »
SODE crashed so, you should check its own error log, which might indicate something about the problem.

No errors in SODE. Landed in KORD and another hang on exit. Its confusing me how I can find the cause.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 10:27:51 pm »
No errors in SODE. Landed in KORD and another hang on exit. Its confusing me how I can find the cause.

Your event view clearly shows SODE crashed. If with "no errors in SODE" you mean you haven't found anything that looks like an error in the SODE log ( if this is what you mean ), then it simply indicates SODE crashed before being able to log something wrong.

p3dx3

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2020, 11:57:27 pm »

Your event view clearly shows SODE crashed. If with "no errors in SODE" you mean you haven't found anything that looks like an error in the SODE log ( if this is what you mean ), then it simply indicates SODE crashed before being able to log something wrong.

That was only 1 time and I have no messages in event viewer since then. That is what makes it all so confusing. No errors showing up but p3d on a long haul at an airport with GSX level2, or FSDT airports, hanging on exit.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 01:07:42 pm »
No errors showing up but p3d on a long haul at an airport with GSX level2, or FSDT airports, hanging on exit.

Again, nothing in your report indicate anything other than SODE crashed. Have you installed the latest version ? An update ( 1.6.8 ) just came out very recently.

DVA12924

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2020, 10:40:29 am »

That was only 1 time and I have no messages in event viewer since then. That is what makes it all so confusing. No errors showing up but p3d on a long haul at an airport with GSX level2, or FSDT airports, hanging on exit.

Event Viewer will only show the host application as the “fault” but as you’re aware I’m sure from the past NTDLL crashes that have plagued sims since at least FSX days, it’s not easy to tell what the actual cause was.

SODE does have a log in its own directory that should/will show what the error was and if not, SODE has a forum with a very active developer that can tell you what the issue was with the log file. To find the log file, go to the Program Data folder inside windows, 12bPilot, SODE, Log and you should find them there. Keep in mind that the log likely overwrites itself each time SODE is used or has any interaction with the sim so once you get a crash, don’t reopen the sim until you’ve copied the log file to a safe place for troubleshooting.