Author Topic: Stop vs Park position in GSX customizations  (Read 1592 times)

w6kd

Stop vs Park position in GSX customizations
« on: April 05, 2020, 03:33:01 am »
Umberto;

If I set a stop position (based on the door position), is there any point in also setting the "park" position when customizing a parking spot in GSX?  It's unclear to me what, if any, purpose the park position serves in such a case...it appears that GSX always uses the stop position if it is set.

Also, when setting the stop position, I note that the aircraft extended centerline does not appear during editing like it does when setting the park position, making it a bit more difficult to line up the acft, especially from a top-down view.  It'd be helpful if it worked the same way.

Regards

Bob Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Stop vs Park position in GSX customizations
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 11:10:00 pm »
If I set a stop position (based on the door position), is there any point in also setting the "park" position when customizing a parking spot in GSX?  It's unclear to me what, if any, purpose the park position serves in such a case...it appears that GSX always uses the stop position if it is set.

There are several reasons why you might need to set the Parking position too:

- Even if GSX will only use the Stop to "stop" you ( hence its name... ), it will still use the Parking position to place vehicles around you if they are not customized. If they are individually customized, which is always the better option, they will always appear there, but not all users like to spend too much time with it, so the Parking position might still count.

- If the Stop position and the Parking position are TOO different, usually when the scenery AFCAD is badly made, it's even possible GSX might not "detect" you are in that parking, and might assume you are still taxiing, so that's another reason you might want to set it anyway.

- The parking position also has an heading. We found it very useful to compare the heading visually against what's inside the AFCAD, and find/fix mistakes in either our own AFCADs, or prevent GSX to be mislead by mistakes in other sceneries AFCAD, sometimes they are so sloppily placed ( heading differences of many degrees ) that GSX vehicles might do strange turns, because they heading in the AFCAD is not what it's supposed to be. GSX forced us to be more precise when doing our AFCADs...