Author Topic: Live update installed MSAA textures in KORD V2 despite P3D v4.5 set at SSAA 4x  (Read 4857 times)

NBouc

I just ran the Live Updater and noticed that it installed the MSAA textures at KORD v2 despite the fact that P3D v4.5 is configures to use SSAA 4x. The Updater indicated "SSAA is DISABLED, we'll install a versions of ground textures optimized for MSAA". I double checked P3D v4.5 and it is correctly set for SSAA, so I ran the Updater a second time, just in case, and same result.

Where does the updater look to think SSAA was disable ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Where does the updater look to think SSAA was disable ?

The MSAA and SSAA keys in the [DISPLAY] section of the Prepar3d.cfg file

NBouc

Thank you Umberto. The [DISPLAY] section of my prepar3D.cfg (in C:\Users\MYSELF\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4) has this:
MSAA=0
SSAA=4

Any idea why the updater would detect it as "SSAA Disable" ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Any idea why the updater would detect it as "SSAA Disable" ?

If you have a syntax error in the Prepar3d.cfg file, it will assume SSAA disabled. You should post the file, ZIPPED, and Attached to a message, so I can check it.

NBouc

Thank you Umberto, here's my Prepar3d.cfg file zipped.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I think all those C++ style comments you added are the problem, those starting with //

// is not standard for a comment in .INI file. In fact, there's NO standard for comments so, depending on the OS or the convention, some use ; others use #. Try replacing // with ; first and see if it works. If it's not, then just remove every comment, since there aren't supposed to be any in a clean prepar3d.cfg file.

NBouc

Umberto, I removed all comments from my Prepar3D.cfg file and ran Live Updater again. It still reported SSAA disabled and installed the MSAA textures.
I guess I will simply put the SSAA textures back manually and add a DONTUPDATE file in the texture folder, no big deal.

It still puzzles me though ...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Umberto, I removed all comments from my Prepar3D.cfg file and ran Live Updater again. It still reported SSAA disabled and installed the MSAA textures.

Then there's another error I haven't checked for. The comments were the most visible. I can only repeat and confirm that, if any error is found, the updater will consider to use MSAA by default.

NBouc

You were right Umberto !!
SSAA is now detected by Live Updater.

I updated KORD to v1.40 and deleted my "prepar3D.cfg" and let P3D4 build a new one, after which Live Update correctly detected SSAA Enabled.

Thank you for your patience.

PS: May I install KORD V2 in P3Dv5 while keeping it in P3Dv4 for a while ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
PS: May I install KORD V2 in P3Dv5 while keeping it in P3Dv4 for a while ?

Of course, just run the latest KORD V2 installer, and select both.