Author Topic: Airports without jetway but no bus and no stairs?  (Read 1768 times)

DrumsArt

Airports without jetway but no bus and no stairs?
« on: April 04, 2020, 04:16:09 pm »
Hi,

During 2 flights on ELLX and LEBL with the Aerosoft A330 I had the unpleasant surprise when I arrived at the gate.

At LEBL, by choice I decided to park at a heavy door without a jetway. Normally when I ask to disembark, the stairs approach, the baggage unloading with the trolley starts and so...and there, nothing! No stairs, no baggage cart...nothing.
Okay, I'm looking at the airport editor. Indeed, I see that the options "no stairs" and "no bus" are checked by default. :-\

At ELLX, it's a bit different, there was a jetway but this time one of the two cargo loaders was missing. Again, I had to go to the editor to correct this (only one of the two cargo loaders was enabled).

This is the first time I've encountered such a problem in many years of using GSX.

The drawback of this is that I can't seem to know in advance if my arrival airport will be compliant...Unless I download the arrival airport before the flight, which I clearly don't want to do, not to mention the lack of logic in the process.

Please, what's the reason for all this, how come GSX at a gate that doesn't have a jetway check the no stairs and no bus options?

P3Dv4.5hf2
GSX2
JustSim ELLX and LEBL.

Thank you and Regards,
Richard.
Btw:  Is it me or the forum is really very slow?
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 PRO 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.1|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|GSX|ORBX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airports without jetway but no bus and no stairs?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 08:33:25 pm »
Okay, I'm looking at the airport editor. Indeed, I see that the options "no stairs" and "no bus" are checked by default.

They surely aren't, by default. If they are, it's either this case:

- You checked them

- The scenery developer has set it that way

This can be easily check by reading which filename GSX is using for its customization. If it's an .INI file under %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX, it's a modification you made. If it's inside the \Scenery own folder, GSX will tell it's a "Designer-provided data", so it has been made by the scenery author.

But I assure you that, by default, GSX has both the "No stairs" and the "No bus" options DISABLED.

Please, what's the reason for all this, how come GSX at a gate that doesn't have a jetway check the no stairs and no bus options?

As I've said, only because either you or the original scenery developer has said so in a GSX custom profile.

- The "No stair" option is used only to disable the REAR staircase, the one normally used by cleaning crew, which is more common practice in Europe rather than US so, I'd say European airport usually should have it un-checked, which is how GSX works BY DEFAULT.

- The "No Bus" option is quite rare, and should be used only at those airports with gates that have no jetways, but are so close to the terminal, that passengers will just walk after going down the stair, so there's no need for a Bus.

Normally, a gate with a Jetway should have both option disabled ( which, again, is how GSX defaults to ), because if GSX detects a jetway ( either standard or SODE ), it will never create stairs (except the rear one), and it will never create a bus.

Assuming the setting has been made like this by the scenery developer, it might be because:

1) they don't understand what those options really do, that the "no stair" only relates to the rear stair and the "no bus" is useless, if a gate has a jetway.

OR

2) they made a mistake in the SODE XML that creates jetways, not flagging the jetways correctly, which results in GSX not detecting them ( they must match 100% the name of the parking in the AFCAD ), so they thought it was required to explicitly tell "no stairs" and "no bus" to GSX, to force it to detect a jetway which was flagged incorrectly in the SODE XML file.

DrumsArt

Re: Airports without jetway but no bus and no stairs?
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 12:31:57 am »
Thank you very much Umberto for this very clear information.

I hope all is well for you and your loved ones.

As you can probably imagine, I didn't change these parameters, I swear! :D

So, I just bought 3 JustSim airports with a big discount (6€ each).
ELLX, LEBL and EDDL (I fear the worst with this last lol)...

From them I had LFMN which doesn't seem to have this kind of problem.

In the airport editor it refers to Justsim airports. So it seems from your explanations that it comes from them.

I think I will refrain from buying anything from them in the future (they're really not terrible and even for 6€, I'm not sure I made the right choice).

I don't want to waste my time with these people. I think I just have to correct myself these aberrations...and spread the word...for sure....

Regards,
Richard.
Btw the forum is really slow  :)
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 PRO 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.1|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|GSX|ORBX