Author Topic: GSX Download failed, operation timed out  (Read 1759 times)

Nikolara13

GSX Download failed, operation timed out
« on: April 04, 2020, 10:44:51 am »
Good evening, after formatting my pc i tried to reinstall the GSX but when i open it i get the message Download failed, operation timed out Check your connection and click 'Retry' to try downloading the files again, or check 'Next' to continue. i tried disabling my kaspersky antivirus and firewall but it didnt make any difference, i red i could download openvpn and i did, but i have no idea how to use and how to download through that program, could anyone please tell me how to download the gsx with the openvpn please or any other way i could install gsx again,

thank you for your time
best regards
nikolaos lykos

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Download failed, operation timed out
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 02:06:42 pm »
The download works fine and nobody ever reported a problem with it. The most common cause of this, is your firewall or antivirus blocking the connection.

A VPN might also help, but it's outside the scope of this forum to explain how to use it, since there are so many to choose from.

Nikolara13

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 03:17:05 pm »
i did deactivated my firewall and antivirus, i even uninstalled the antivirus and that didnt help at all, can you please suggest me other solutions? or what else could be wrong

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 03:22:31 pm »
If you are sure the antivirus and firewall are not the problem, then it might be your ISP blocking our host for some strange reason, and your only option is using a VPN.

Nikolara13

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 10:40:56 pm »
also i would like to mention that i used nordvpn, tried different ip's and countries but nothing worked.

coler85

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 01:12:34 pm »
I also can`t access download server. I am not sure but it is happen none western contry.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2020, 10:40:18 pm »
I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce the problem. Cloudflare stats are saying they served 2TB of data in the last 24 Hours and 12TB during in the last 7 days so, clearly, downloads are working fine for most users.