Author Topic: Editing Sim.cfg conditions  (Read 3345 times)

QFA1213

Editing Sim.cfg conditions
« on: April 03, 2020, 02:44:07 pm »
Hi Umberto,
Hope you have been well.

Prior to the release of the PBR update, I had tweaked the conditions in the sim.cfg of many vehicles to get the desired ones to always show. This worked without issues until that update which also changed to the render to texture method for logos. Since then, any changes I've made to the condition lines are seemingly ignored which I assumed was intended behaviour. I noticed the other day that you advised a user to edit conditions to force the use of the CDS stairs on the narrow bodies (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,22873.0.html) which suggests I should still be able to do this.

I have followed the suggested conditions from reply 9. In my sim, both the default and edited lines provide the exact same stairs (CDS front and TLD rear on the NGXu - See below for details).

Testing Scenario
PMDG NGXu
Stock GSX (Reinstalled and cleared appdata)
Default WIII Parking 6

Outcome:
CDS front and TLD rear regardless condition set (Occasionally CDS appears at both front and back but after restarting Couatl a few times goes back to TLD).

One of the reasons I believe the line is completely ignored is even setting impossible criteria on the two TLD stairs. e.g. (condition = ( %(exitAlt)f <= 0.00 ) and ( %(isCargo)f == False ) and ( %(isCargoStand)f == False )) results in the stairs appearing at the rear on the NGXu as described above.

Thanks
Brendan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Editing Sim.cfg conditions
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 03:06:55 pm »
Since then, any changes I've made to the condition lines are seemingly ignored which I assumed was intended behaviour.

Nothing in the PBR update has changed this, conditions still works exactly as they were.

I noticed the other day that you advised a user to edit conditions to force the use of the CDS stairs on the narrow bodies (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,22873.0.html) which suggests I should still be able to do this.

Of course you are.

One of the reasons I believe the line is completely ignored is even setting impossible criteria on the two TLD stairs. e.g. (condition = ( %(exitAlt)f <= 0.00 ) and ( %(isCargo)f == False ) and ( %(isCargoStand)f == False )) results in the stairs appearing at the rear on the NGXu as described above.

Are you sure you are editing the correct files ? Please clarify, exactly, what you want to achieve, which stairs you want to see and which you don't, on what airplane types.

QFA1213

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 05:13:55 pm »
For now just aiming for exactly as detailed on the other thread. Attempting to get CDS only for 737/A320 and TLD for widebodies.

CDS
condition = ( %(exitAlt)f >= 1.80 ) and ( %(exitAlt)f <= 3.90 ) and ( %(isCargo)f == False ) and ( %(isCargoStand)f == False )

TLD_ABS-580
condition = ( %(exitAlt)f >= 3.90 ) and ( %(exitAlt)f <= 5.38 ) and ( %(isCargo)f == False ) and ( %(isCargoStand)f == False )

TLD_ABS-1740
condition = ( %(exitAlt)f >= 3.90 ) and ( %(exitAlt)f < 6.40 ) and ( %(isCargo)f == False ) and ( %(isCargoStand)f == False )

Outcome with details listed in first post (NGXu + Stock GSX with no customisation):
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 08:09:22 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 08:11:34 pm »
For now just aiming for exactly as detailed on the other thread. Attempting to get CDS only for 737/A320 and TLD for widebodies.

In your screenshot, I see a 737 with CDS staircase so, at least your first goal has been reached. You haven't posted any results for an airplane with a door higher than 3.90 meters from ground, so it's difficult to say if even your second goal has been achieved as well.

QFA1213

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 04:05:01 am »
Sorry I should have used a better angle. The front were CDS however the rear were TLD. This is also what I get without editing the conditions.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 11:02:25 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 11:02:41 pm »
Sorry I should have used a better angle. The front were CDS however the rear were TLD. This is also what I get without editing the conditions.

It's normal you would get both stairs without editing the conditions, because the default conditions we set allow to see them BOTH on planes like 737 or A320.

The whole point of the thread you linked was the user did not want to see the TLD stairs on those, so I assumed you HAVE modified the file, otherwise why posting your modifications in your previous post ?

Assuming you changed the conditions as you posted in your previous post, check the height of the rear door, which is higher than the front one, so 3.90 might not be enough as a cutoff point.

QFA1213

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 05:37:27 am »
CDS
condition = ( %(exitAlt)f >= 1.80 ) and ( %(exitAlt)f <= 4.90 ) and ( %(isCargo)f == False ) and ( %(isCargoStand)f == False )

TLD_ABS-580
condition = ( %(exitAlt)f >= 4.90 ) and ( %(exitAlt)f <= 5.38 ) and ( %(isCargo)f == False ) and ( %(isCargoStand)f == False )

TLD_ABS-1740
condition = ( %(exitAlt)f >= 4.90 ) and ( %(exitAlt)f < 6.40 ) and ( %(isCargo)f == False ) and ( %(isCargoStand)f == False )

Same result. Also included is window showing the default aircraft profile and door height.

So we are both on the same page, my issue is that I don't believe the condition line in the sim.cfg is the only factor determining the vehicle selected. The request in the other thread (CDS only for narrow bodies) is just a simple scenario I'm using to confirm the behaviour because if that doesn't work I can't see anything else working.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 03:08:05 pm by virtuali »

QFA1213

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2020, 03:05:39 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Any suggestions? I've been out of the sim for a few weeks. I've installed the latest update and re-entered the conditions in the post above.

I'm still only receiving TLD stairs at the rear and either CDS or TLD at front despite the conditions suggesting that only CDS should appear.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2020, 03:10:46 pm »
When you change anything that is related to a Simobject, you must select "Restart and recreate the airport cache" before you can see any changes.

QFA1213

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2020, 03:13:32 pm »
In this case the changes were made while the sim was shut down.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2020, 03:26:28 pm »
In this case the changes were made while the sim was shut down.

Doesn't matter, you MUST do a cache rebuild. There's a Simobjects model cache, even if the message says just "airport", and the Simobject cache is NOT rebuilt automatically just because you changed a Simobject, only if you tell it to do so explicitely, or after you run a Live Update, because we might have updated some objects.

And, there are two variant of the TLD stair, you must edit both.

QFA1213

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2020, 04:06:01 pm »
I think that's fixed it. I had assumed that rebuilding was only for the AFCAD cache. Thanks  ;D