Author Topic: Cargo jet  (Read 2197 times)

bcm652

Cargo jet
« on: March 31, 2020, 10:37:02 pm »
Question regarding cargo jests. Is there an option for GSX to unload cargo from a cargo jet.
I have FSX-SE, WIN 10, and I downloaded a third party 737-800 UPS Cargo aircraft which has a large cargo door on the same side as the front passenger door. It also has the standard passenger cargo doors on the opposite side which function normally as GSX boarding and deboarding function. Is there an option for the large cargo door in GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cargo jet
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 01:00:45 am »
Is there an option for the large cargo door in GSX.

Of course there is, it's the "Main Cargo" door in the GSX Airplane configuration page, which you should always use before using any airplane which is not already supported by GSX internally.

bcm652

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 02:10:29 am »
Thanks for the advice. What I was trying to do, was open the main cargo door and see if there was a cargo ramp to unload any cargo. Just getting the main cargo door to open was the challenge.
Unfortunately, the aircraft CFG file only shows 2 exits, main passenger exit and the 2 cargo doors. I tried to combine all the cargo doors to open in GSX Customize Aircraft with an exit 2 prompt, but that didn't work. I'm guessing because the CFG file only shows 2 exits instead of 3.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 03:31:34 pm »
I think you are not very clear about what GSX really does with an airplane configuration, since it seems you expect GSX to control doors. It doesn't.

In order to be able to open a door on an airplane, ALL the following conditions must be true:

- The airplane model file ( .MDL ) must have the door modeled separately, and animated.

- The door's animation must be linked to some simulation variable. Usually it's one of the 4 standard variables for the Door exits, but sometimes it might be a custom L: Variable. This is also happening inside the .MDL file

- When one of the 4 default door variables is used, the door should be listed in [Exits] section of the aircraft.cfg, indicating its parameters, including the variable used.

What you can do in GSX, is the following:

- You can specify different coordinates for an existing door. This because, door coordinates are only required in the aircraft.cfg for the main exit ( to dock default jetways ), but GSX needs to know precisely where each door is located.

- You can TELL GSX which variable is used to control the door. Not because GSX can control it, but to let GSX KNOW if the door is opened or close, so it can ask you to open it or close when required. Nothing you do in GSX will ever result in GSX controlling the door by itsel.

So, basically, your ability to open a door is totally unrelated to GSX. And you are always supposed to open a door manually ( if the airplane allows it ), GSX will only tell you to do so, and only if the variable you set in GSX is the same as the one used by the airplane.