Author Topic: What is Going on?  (Read 2512 times)

UcShrek

What is Going on?
« on: March 31, 2020, 09:46:08 pm »
I am a little bit lost as to how things have changes in the last year or so. For about several months I have not used my sims FSX and P3D4, and I noticed some of my apps don't work anymore. Allow me to explain:

I own GSX Base Addon and 7 Sceneries, CYVR, JFKV2, KORD, KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, PHNL. I think I remember correctly, if I am not mistaken all of these products worked well with both of my Sims FSX and P3D4.3-4, I tought I had read somewhere that FSDT had made the inclusion of the 64bit platform for P3D4 on all of their sceneries, so I don't remember any issues with any of these with my sims in the past.

However after so many months I have been away from both sims, I got a new gaming pc and now when I try to reinstall them back I am facing the problem of GSX does not work anymore with P3D4.5 and because of this I cannot install any scenery at all because they all depend on GSX to be installed.

Honestly I don't know where to go because I don't even know where the main problem lies, is it GSX? How come it worked before in my previous version of P3D4.3-4 but not the last version of P3D4.5? So please can someone tell me what is going on and what do I need to do to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance for you help.

JML

UcShrek

Re: What is Going on?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 08:15:50 pm »
Honestly, this is becoming very painful. 24 hrs later and no response from any of the moderators or from someone assisting in support. This situation feels like a bad faith deal, I bought all the sceneries and kept buying more add-ons specially because they were made available for P3D4 which I also had, I was able to use them in both flight sims, but sometime in the past year they changed them and now they don't work for both platforms.

GSX Base App works for FSX but not for P3D4 now even tho it used to work before with the installer file, and now the rest of the sceneries can't be installed in FSX because GSX 2 needs to be installed previously. As far as P3D4, the GSX installer doesn't work with this sim, so pretty much nothing can be installed in P3D4, however in the past year I had used them all, all of them in both flight sims with none of these issues.

Do I have any hope of getting any kind of help? I don't know where to go. It's sad & confusing that this post has been seen 30+ times and still no comments from a mod or support. If someone knows how to get in touch with any of them I would really appreciate if I can get a helping hand.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 08:49:37 pm »
 GSX works totally fine in the current version of P3d. Did you install using an old installer by any chance or freshly downloaded from FSDT?

24 hours without support isn't all that bad in lieu of the current situation in Europe.

Beat578

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 07:30:32 am »
And do you have the latest installation of Prepar 3d (4.5 hotfix2) and installt the simulator and the content? Then you need the Prepar 3d V4 64bit downloaders from the homepage, it should work.
And yes, Umberto is in ticino in switzerland, thats the part of switzerland most affected by covid-19 (as bad as the northern part of italy). I think they have other things to worry about right now than a smoothly running support.
Beat578

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 12:28:27 am »
if I am not mistaken all of these products worked well with both of my Sims FSX and P3D4.3-4

Please clarify what's version your P3D4 really is, since P3D4.3-4 is not very clear. If it's 4.4, it should work without any issues, since 4.4 is the minimum supported version under P3D4.

If it's 4.3, then no, there's no chance it will ever work, since last year we made a huge update, like a complete makeover of almost all GSX vehicles/objects, to be remodeled with better quality and textures, and they are almost all PBR now, and since we use many specific functions of the P3D4.4 SDK that are simply not available in previous version, like the Render to Texture API, the Camera API, the Mouse API, and others too, there's simply no way for us to support anything less than P3D 4.4, although everything will work so much better with the latest version, which is 4.5 Hotfix 2, that fixed lots of bugs and improved color rendering quite a bit.

Of course, the current GSX 64 Bit installer will check the version, and it will tell you it cannot install into any older version.

Instead, the 32 bit version, can only be installed into FSX, FSX:SE, P3D 2.5 or P3D 3.4, you can't install the 32 bit version in P3D4.

If you have both FSX and P3D 4 ( 4.4 minimum ), just download and install both versions. They use a shared folder, outside the sim, so no unnecessary duplication of files will happen, and they are designed to work that way.