Author Topic: How to use triple jetways in P3D V4  (Read 2623 times)

therealthing89

How to use triple jetways in P3D V4
« on: March 31, 2020, 05:44:18 pm »
I downloaded an A380 package from Flyawaysimulation  https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/24767/fsx-airbus-a380-mega-pack/

I load up the A380 at Aerosoft Heathrow and GSX is only letting me use 1 jetway despite me loading the plane at an A380 gate, any idea how I can get it working? The model the A380 package uses is the Project Airbus model.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How to use triple jetways in P3D V4
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 01:11:35 am »
It's not clear which Heathrow airport you are using.

- If it's the default Heathrow airport, GSX Level 2 would have replaced the jetway ( default system only allows for a single jetway ) automatically with a GSX jetway, which can work if you have a GSX Level 2 license. However, if you want to add other jetways on a parking spots, you must add them yourself, using the GSX parking customization page, and choose from many jetway models, which include also an high model suitable for an A380.

- If it's a 3rd party scenery that doesn't use the default jetway models, GSX hasn't changed anything to the jetways automatically, it will never do that on 3rd party sceneries on its own. It would be you that will have to go through a specific procedure, explained in the manual and on some video tutorials posted here in the forum, which require to first create an Exclude file to disable jetways the came with the airport, and then add the GSX ones, using the same method as above.

Of course, you must also create a proper configuration for the A380 you use, since it's not included in GSX by default, and set all doors correctly using the included Airplane configuration editor in GSX.

therealthing89

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 03:14:26 pm »
Sorry the Heathrow scenery I am usuing is the Aerosoft one.

I did manage to get the 3rd jetway moving but I cannot connect it to the upper deck of the A380, it only connects to the lower deck doors. It gives me Door 1L and 2L but no door 3 to connect to the upper deck. GSX recognises the 3rd door as a cargo door. Is there a way i can change that to make it a passenger door?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 03:34:55 pm by therealthing89 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 10:53:36 pm »
I did manage to get the 3rd jetway moving

Again, your message is very unclear. Which jetway are you referring to ? The one that comes with the airport ? If yes, nothing in GSX can change how that will work UNLESS you replace it with a GSX one. And of course, in that case, you'll have to use the (only) model that can reach the A380 higher door.

therealthing89

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 10:28:27 pm »
I can move the 3rd jetway but it only goes to the lower deck in the A380 it doesn't connect to the upper-deck. Also, in the aircraft editor the upper deck isn't even appearing as a passenger door

peter_v84

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 12:47:41 am »
I am having the exact same issue.
I configure GSX Jetways (3 of them) aside from the Aerosoft provided Jetways at LHR.
But it will only give me options D1 D2 but not D3 on upper deck. The third jetway will only go to the lower deck door 1/2

I have also configured in the GSX aircraft settings, but still unsure if ive done it right?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 10:54:50 am »
You must place the jetway in a way that can solve the door. And it interacts with the GSX Stop position. Assuming the airplane configuration is correct, I'm fairly sure the higher jetway will dock on the upper door, once you set both the jetway and the Stop position correctly.